baumer

Asgard blesses us early. SMH 7.4, Apes 7.1, WW 1.2M Tues

59 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

No I am not saying competition and timing has zero effect. i am saying shm would not have done wondy like legs in any situation.

Personally, I think Spidey would have done better if the release dates were swapped with WW.

But I don't think WW's numbers would have been any different, just SPideys would have improved.

I think many peoples perceptions changed once they watched WW.

Nothing to back that up, just a hunch.

I was one those predicting 150/400 for Spidey and I can not think, with all the critic scores and pre release hype, of any other reason why its not performing as well as expected.

Baby Driver is gonna get oh so so so close to 100 mil

DM3's legs haven't been very special but its obligatory huge summer weekdays just reinforce how much of a disaster Cars 3's performance was

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Baby Driver is gonna get oh so so so close to 100 mil

DM3's legs haven't been very special but its obligatory huge summer weekdays just reinforce how much of a disaster Cars 3's performance was

Baby Driver is really going to suffer from the competition this weekend. Three new movies taking up all of its potential audience.

39 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Personally, I think Spidey would have done better if the release dates were swapped with WW.

But I don't think WW's numbers would have been any different, just SPideys would have improved.

I think many peoples perceptions changed once they watched WW.

Nothing to back that up, just a hunch.

I was one those predicting 150/400 for Spidey and I can not think, with all the critic scores and pre release hype, of any other reason why its not performing as well as expected.

Or you know, general public may just be sick of another Spider-Man film with a different lead actor for the 3rd time in 10 years.

I mean, that seems to be the most likely reason ...

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

Or you know, general public may just be sick of another Spider-Man film with a different lead actor for the 3rd time in 10 years.

Probably, but there seemed to be so much positivity pre release.

2 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

Wow even better for Spidey than expected. That's a legit impressive jump, down less than 50% from last Tuesday (just barely, but still).

Whats impressive about losing half your audiencw from the week before?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Probably, but there seemed to be so much positivity pre release.

Well, of course, a lot of people still going to be positive and excited ... I thought it was a good movie as well.

And as @Jayhawk said, it's still gonna make 300 million, so nothing to be ashamed of, especially given the last few results in the franchise, but it does seem that the past has taken a toll on the people who were maybe on the fence and that has held it back from competing near the top comic book films this year.

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

Whats impressive about losing half your audiencw from the week before?

Idk, was more talking about the bump and not the drop week to week. Though it was down 60% on the weekend, and -55% yesterday from last Monday, so maybe it's stabilizing a bit? Could fall harder tomorrow though. It's a very good jump, thought it was interesting to note since someone earlier in the thread (can't remember who) said that it still fell 50%+ week to week.

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 2

I know this is a box office site but I feel Sony's (and Marvel's) main goal with SM:HC was to stop the bleeding and re-establish the character from a negative to a positive view, and with excellent audience/critics scores, they have done just that. 800-850M is not a Billion but it's better than the last two movies and well, it is the 3rd reboot. 

No one is tired of Spider-Man .. it's just not as must-see anymore as something new like Wonder Woman or Black Panther. Not to mention this was basically a high school movie. Perhaps people thought RDJ would get it to billion but I also think there's some RDJ fatigue at this point and he's also not a must-see anymore (which I think is why he will die in IW). 

Anyway, rant over.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Iron Raf said:

I know this is a box office site but I feel Sony's (and Marvel's) main goal with SM:HC was to stop the bleeding and re-establish the character from a negative to a positive view, and with excellent audience/critics scores, they have done just that. 800-850M is not a Billion but it's better than the last two movies and well, it is the 3rd reboot. 

No one is tired of Spider-Man .. it's just not as must-see anymore as something new like Wonder Woman or Black Panther. Not to mention this was basically a high school movie. Perhaps people thought RDJ would get it to billion but I also think there's some RDJ fatigue at this point and he's also not a must-see anymore (which I think is why he will die in IW). 

Anyway, rant over.

LOL you call that a rant ? - Then you haven't been on this forum long enough it seems like - It's a well form opinion and I think you hit the nail right on the head there.

• Like 2

Just now, John Marston said:

SMh is doing fine. But the sequel will decrease 

How much is the question. I don't think that 2019 spot is any good for it.

1 hour ago, AdamKendall said:

Nah!

The word of mouth is just too good...insane even. :insane:

• Like 1