baumer

Asgard blesses us early. SMH 7.4, Apes 7.1, WW 1.2M Tues

7 hours ago, baumer said:

I don't think anyone is saying Spider-Man is not a success. I just think everyone is saying that the word of mouth on it is not as great as what was initially forecasted. Making 280 - 300 million is good. Making 800 million worldwide is great. Having a 2.4 multiplier is not good. It can be both things you know.

You and your damn common sense. :winomg:

• Like 1

Spidey's bump is good and so were most other film's. Lets see how it holds up today and tomorrow. How a film holds up on it's Wednesday and Thursday are always the most important honestly. Not to say that Monday and Tuesday numbers aren't very important because they do show you where the movie is going potentially.

12 minutes ago, the beast said:

Anyone know how many territories Dunkirk is opening in this weekend?

A lot, except  Germany & German speaking markets( So in Switzerland French speaking but German speaking 27-Jul), Middle East, Latin America , Greece, Italy, China, Japan, switzerland(Italian)

over 40 markets

• Like 7

3 hours ago, AndyK said:

Personally, I think Spidey would have done better if the release dates were swapped with WW.

But I don't think WW's numbers would have been any different, just SPideys would have improved.

I think many peoples perceptions changed once they watched WW.

Nothing to back that up, just a hunch.

I was one those predicting 150/400 for Spidey and I can not think, with all the critic scores and pre release hype, of any other reason why its not performing as well as expected.

Err....because it doesn't live up to the hype?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rth Homecoming said:

A lot, except  Germany & German speaking markets( So in Switzerland French speaking but German speaking 27-Jul), Middle East, Latin America , Greece, Italy, China, Japan, switzerland(Italian)

over 40 markets

thanks and I say it could open really well here in the UK because it has been marketed alot

6 minutes ago, Rth Homecoming said:

over 40 markets

Do you have any numbers for it's previews in NZ? 

:ph34r:

So, saw DM3 tonight...I used to think WW and GOTG 2 got the most benefit from their competition...but nah, DM3 is totally making out thanks to the dearth of summer kid movies...I am so sad Lego Batman didn't release this summer...if DM3 is gonna make $250M+ (and it is), Lego Bats would have had $400M+ easy...b/c DM3 is just not good for anyone not in the male aged 4-8 group.

I mean, it's not horrible, but it's not good.  It's currently tied for my lowest rated "in theater" movie this year with the Smurfs.  Now, my boys LOVED it - A+s...one didn't even eat any popcorn, he was so transfixed...and we went for them.  But my girls could only give it a low B+ and a B...and my spouse gave it a C+ as did I...we both thought it was about tv movie quality...and we were way happy we paid $2.50/ticket, b/c the movie isn't worth much more.

If you are a parent and you have to pick Spidey or DM3 for your family...pick Spidey and if your hangup is that there's 45 seconds of bad language, have the conversation about sticks and stones and names never hurting you and go...just do it...

I have no skin in the game b/c I picked them both over $300M...but man, if I'd have known the quality of this one, I probably wouldn't have ever gone that high...this DM3 is worse than Minions, b/c Minions was funnier...and this was much more forced...

Another thing Wrath of Han and I agree on...man, the stars must be aligning soon:)...

• Like 3

Oh, and it didn't even take to the weekend for my locals to change things up - the local that dropped Spidey to 4 showings but kept Apes at 12 has now already dropped one Apes showing (now has 11) for Girls Trip...Girls Trip has one screen during the day, but 4 showings from 9:30-10:30pm Friday night (getting the 4th from a previous Apes showing in that block)...we'll see if Apes drops another showing between now and tomorrow night, either to Dunkirk or more Girls Trip...

Edited by TwoMisfits

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, saw DM3 tonight...I used to think WW and GOTG 2 got the most benefit from their competition...but nah, DM3 is totally making out thanks to the dearth of summer kid movies...I am so sad Lego Batman didn't release this summer...if DM3 is gonna make $250M+ (and it is), Lego Bats would have had $400M+ easy...b/c DM3 is just not good for anyone not in the male aged 4-8 group.

I mean, it's not horrible, but it's not good.  It's currently tied for my lowest rated "in theater" movie this year with the Smurfs.  Now, my boys LOVED it - A+s...one didn't even eat any popcorn, he was so transfixed...and we went for them.  But my girls could only give it a low B+ and a B...and my spouse gave it a C+ as did I...we both thought it was about tv movie quality...and we were way happy we paid $2.50/ticket, b/c the movie isn't worth much more.

If you are a parent and you have to pick Spidey or DM3 for your family...pick Spidey and if your hangup is that there's 45 seconds of bad language, have the conversation about sticks and stones and names never hurting you and go...just do it...

I have no skin in the game b/c I picked them both over $300M...but man, if I'd have known the quality of this one, I probably wouldn't have ever gone that high...this DM3 is worse than Minions, b/c Minions was funnier...and this was much more forced...

Another thing Wrath of Han and I agree on...man, the stars must be aligning soon:)...

Yeeeeeep. DM3 is a trash movie.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

How does DM3 compare with DM2 ?

• Like 1