CJohn

DUNKIRK WEEKEND THREAD | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS | Official estimates Dunkirk 50.5M, GT 30.3M, SMH 22M, Apes 20.4M, Val 17M | Wonder Woman is the new summer champ with 389M total | Summer Sale is Live!

I am happy for thatoneguy for getting banned.  If i was him, I would be feeling good right now.  It is like when a sports manager gets ejected from the game on purpose to serve some kind of personal morals/dignity.

Edited by Matrix4You
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, LonePirate said:

Whitney Houston would disagree with this statement. The Bodyguard and Waiting to Exhale weren't exactly flops.

Both were very profitable in the holiday season! One having a very leggy run with Kevin Costner and "I Wil Always Love You" song including others in the soundtrack.

Waiting To Exhale was a film that performed well on a low budget and considering it being directed by Forrest Whitaker(only one of his hits directing), and a film aimed toward women during Christmas. As most films were aimed towards families(Toy Story, and Jumanji),and an adult male audience(Goldeneye, and Heat).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I think dunkirk is pretty lock for that spot, but GO seems a bit "unstable" , and I hope Apes could surprise here.

Oscar final contenders normally are low profile, anti-crowd pleaser type of drama, so i don't expect to hear any of them during summer 

But I have seen some low profiles yet not released. 

38 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

i feel like rihanna cursed valerian. why would you even hire a popstar? it's like you're asking for your movie to fail. ever since madonna's film career bombed tragically all popstars have more or less been cursed when it comes to movies. 

Dunkirk is doing pretty well:sparta:

we need a Harry styles emoji. 

22 would give it same OD as Apes after slightly higher previews. Pink (and a lot of u) got it right with IMAX front-loading.

Guessing the number will come out to be ~21 (5 + 15.5) with next update.

Edited by a2knet