MCKillswitch123

WEEKEND THREAD | Weekend actuals (pg. 87 onward) - Dunkirk: 26.6M; The Emoji Movie: 24.5M; Girls Trip: 19.6M; Atomic Blonde: 18.2M; SM Homecoming: 13.2M; War For The POTA: 10.4M; Despicable Me 3: 7.4M; Valerian: 6.3M; Baby Driver: 3.9M; Wonder Woman: 3.3M

54 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I have no idea who the audience for Kidnap is. I got the trailer before Valerian, and it sends off really mixed signals. The movie has been online for ages and went through five release date changes before settling on the 4th with Aviron. This isn't like 47 Meters or Wish Upon where the market is starved; I don't even know what the market is for this movie! The voiceover of "HALLE BERRY" and "KIDNAP" was hilarious though :rofl: 

No idea. At this point I'm pretty sure they're sending it out hoping that maybe a couple hundred people will somehow accidentally pay tickets for the film or something, because otherwise it's a FLOP!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

My take is that as long as Dunkirk holds well I don't care that much if Emoji is #1. It just means Emoji over performed

I doubt WB cares. Sony is carrying an albatross around their necks right now. Razzie awards incoming. Need to get their act together. 

• Like 1

thanks to much lesser competition from 2016, all July release will have much more better late legs than expected......even Apes has started to stabilise....it start to pace ahead of STB on the same respective friday.  

• Like 1

God DAMN @ Emoji's increase from last night.

2 minutes ago, Blankments said:

real talk i would've given it 6 stars if they had included the gun emoji smh

It wasn't in the film because THE KIDS WOULD BECOME VIOLENT SOCIOPATHS 

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Judging by these forums, kids these days already are sociopaths. No need to turn them violent

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Girls Trip looking at a possible drop below 40% this weekend. Universal is having a really interesting year: their heavy hitter titles (Fifty Shades Darker, The Great Wall, The Fate of the Furious, The Mummy, Despicable Me 3) have either barely met expectations or really underperformed while their much more modestly budgeted titles (Split, Get Out, Girls Trip) have been big breakouts.

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫

Just now, filmlover said:

Girls Trip looking at a possible drop below 40% this weekend. Universal is having a really interesting year: their heavy hitter titles (Fifty Shades Darker, The Great Wall, The Fate of the Furious, The Mummy, Despicable Me 3) have either barely met expectations or really underperformed while their much more modestly budgeted titles (Split, Get Out, Girls Trip) have been big breakouts.

Will American Made continue that trend, or is it not Doug Liman enough? Pete Hammond is hearing it's Cruise's best film in a long time, but it is Pete Hammond after all.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Will American Made continue that trend, or is it not Doug Liman enough? Pete Hammond is hearing it's Cruise's best film in a long time, but it is Pete Hammond after all.

They have only 5 movies for the rest of the year (American Made, Happy Death Day, The Snowman, Thank You for Your Service, Pitch Perfect 3) and only the last one has "obvious hit" all over it (and the budget is most certainly low enough that it'll still be quite profitable even if it takes a large tumble from the second, which is likely). Might be a repeat of 2015 for them where the first 2/3rd's of the year is where most of the money comes from.

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

WTF AMERICA? Why did you have go see Emoji and give a shit movie so much money and the first place for this weekend?

We are all DOOMED!

Oh my god. I can not deal with this hyperbole anymore

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They have only 5 movies for the rest of the year (American Made, Happy Death Day, The Snowman, Thank You for Your Service, Pitch Perfect 3) and only the last one has "obvious hit" all over it (and the budget is most certainly low enough that it'll still be quite profitable even if it takes a large tumble from the second, which is likely). Might be a repeat of 2015 for them where the first 2/3rd's of the year is where most of the money comes from.

American Made: I can see it flopping or being another Accountant/GOTT if the reception is there.

Happy Death Day: I'm expecting a Lights Out-type run.

The Snowman: 40M tops, and I wouldn't be surprised if it only does 20-30M.

Thank You: This one really could go either way. I'm thinking 15/70

PP3: 35/150

• Like 1