Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

Predictions for next weekend:

Annabelle Creation: 30M

Dunkirk: 12.3M

The Nut Job 2: 10M

The Dark Tower: 9.4M

Girls Trip: 7.1M

The Emoji Movie: 6.5M

Kidnap: 6.2M

Spider-Man Homecoming: 5.9M 

Atomic Blonde: 4.5M

Detroit: 3.3M

Despicable Me 3: 3.2M

Planet of the Apes: 3.1M

The Glass Castle: 3M

Adjusted for Inflation, DM still has to gain ground on Shrek. That was just the shit in the 2000s in terms of animation. But the inevitable Minions 2, Despicable Me 4 and 5 and 6, 7,8,25, will do that.

Now im really hoping for an Annabelle breakout. Reviews are fantastic, the marketplace is empty, especially for horror movies.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

I know, I'm just baffled why another studio didn't release their big movie in the slot.

Both Pitch Perfect 3 and Alien were scheduled for August but moved for one reason or another. Kingsman would have done well in August but actually the late September slot might work to its advantage.

• Like 1

I'm cautiously optimistic about Annabelle. Critics are raving about it, but Lights Out sucked. Hopefully it's good. September and October should more than make up for a shitty horror summer:

mother!

It

Happy Death Day

Even Jigsaw looks pretty ok

Not Flatliners though. That shit looks baaaaaaaaaaad.

• Like 2

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I'm cautiously optimistic about Annabelle. Critics are raving about it, but Lights Out sucked. Hopefully it's good. September and October should more than make up for a shitty horror summer:

mother!

It

Happy Death Day

Diego Luna's hair is something in that one

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

mother!

It

Happy Death Day

I want but I don't believe 30 mln for Annabelle.

I hope my expectations're wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Live By Night and the Batman problems are bound to impact his relationship with the studio. Curious to see how it goes. 

Been covering the movie-news scene for a decade now... it's all in the wording (when someone "denies" a rumor publicly). Affleck... never really denied what The Hollywood Reporter spilled, and the author of said piece has been doing this stuff for 20+ years and also leaked the troubles behind Trank's Fantastic Four (oh boy do I have stories there) and Rogue One.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Diego Luna's hair is something in that one

I still can't tell if he's in on it from what the trailer showed. It shows him being all smarmy and excited, yet he's also the straight man who tells Ellen Page and co. not to do this. WHICH IS IT?