Finnick

Tuesday Numbers : DUNKIRK:$2.74M | EM:$2.58M | TDT:$2.44M | GT:$1.67M | SMH:$1.66M | KIDNAP:$1.45M........ WW:$400M YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DUNKIRK MADE 2.75M, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:qotd:

Spoiler

In all seriousness, massive congrats to WW for what I thought was an unachievable feat. Truly incredible what it accomplished. And very well deserved too.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Congrats to WW. Too bad we missed out on $1000 for the forums

Very small increases for both (after small drops on Monday). Possible some people avoided Cheap Tuesday to go on Monday due to Holiday in Canada? Guess we'll find out tomorrow. 

@GiantCALBears  actually was a man of his word. I've already posted this in a different thread but he came back apologized profusely to me admitted all guilt and then proceeded to donate $200 of his own money. That in my book makes him a stand-up guy. We all make mistakes we can all do things that are not becoming of us but it's how you respond to them and react and eventually fix them that determine what kind of person you are.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

A truly historic run on Wonder Woman's part.. Amazing to see across 400 million on this Tuesday in August. Pretty awesome stuff.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DUNKIRK MADE 2.75M, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:qotd:

Reveal hidden contents

To be fair, Dunkirk is doing very well.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

So...the next frontier would be outgrossing Spider-Man and making Tele's club a smashingly successful one, right? 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

@GiantCALBears  actually was a man of his word. I've already posted this in a different thread but he came back apologized profusely to me admitted all guilt and then proceeded to donate $200 of his own money. That in my book makes him a stand-up guy. We all make mistakes we can all do things that are not becoming of us but it's how you respond to them and react to them that determine what kind of person you are.

I agree, we all make mistakes.

• Like 1

Another hearty congrats to Wonder Woman. Sure my under $235M club failed... miserably but I'm happy for its performance. Wonder Woman became my favorite DCEU movie and favorite superheroine movie and made my top 10 of the year (for now...). TBH if this had reception similar to BVS or SS, it might've meant problems for the DCEU, but despite all odds, such as a seemingly packed June-July, the not so good will of the DCEU, and an OW at about $100M, Wonder Woman was not only the hero of the summer and the GOTG/JW/Dory of the summer, but the hero of women and the hero of the DCEU. Hopefully Panther can breakout too and proves diversity for CBMs can be a good thing too and inspire African Americans as Wonder Woman inspired women everywhere and inspires Studios to tackle superhero movies with an Asian superhero movie or a Latino superhero movie or a gay superhero movie.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yes, I didn't deny that at all. It's doing fantastic, actually, and I'm pretty amazed that it will beat Interstellar and match MI5.

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves on the total.

This Tuesday number has me slightly more worried than I should. :sadben:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

@GiantCALBears  actually was a man of his word. I've already posted this in a different thread but he came back apologized profusely to me admitted all guilt and then proceeded to donate $200 of his own money. That in my book makes him a stand-up guy. We all make mistakes we can all do things that are not becoming of us but it's how you respond to them and react to them that determine what kind of person you are.

He's still a huge jackass.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The issue with giantcal is closed.

@Cochofles  I am with you when you say that you thought Rock of Ages would cross 100 million. For the record I absolutely loved that movie and it's my favorite musical of all time. Everything about it spoke to me and my age group and I love the music in it and I love the stars in it and to me it was just pure 100% classic stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Another hearty congrats to Wonder Woman. Sure my under $235M club failed... miserably but I'm happy for its performance. Wonder Woman became my favorite DCEU movie and favorite superheroine movie and made my top 10 of the year (for now...). TBH if this had reception similar to BVS or SS, it might've meant problems for the DCEU, but despite all odds, such as a seemingly packed June-July, the not so good will of the DCEU, and an OW at about $100M, Wonder Woman was not only the hero of the summer and the GOTG/JW/Dory of the summer, but the hero of women and the hero of the DCEU. Hopefully Panther can breakout too and so diversity for CBMs can be a good thing too and inspire African Americans as Wonder Woman inspired women everywhere and inspires Studios to tackle superhero movies with an Asian superhero movie or a Latino superhero movie or a gay superhero movie.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!

That's exactly what I want; the same opportunities for heroes of all colors. And superhero films are the perfect vessel to galvanize underrepresented groups: when underprivileged communities see themselves portrayed as powerful, heroic, and influential, it is a magical thing and a great step toward a more balanced world. I am dying to see the day that well-received, well crafted, celebrated superhero films starring African Americans, Latinos, Asians, Native Americans, women (of all colors), LGBTQs, etc, are NOT a rarity. :D 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!

That's exactly what I want; the same opportunities for heroes of all colors. And superhero films are the perfect vessel to galvanize underrepresented groups: when underprivileged communities see themselves portrayed as powerful, heroic, and influential, it is a magical thing and a great step toward a more balanced world. I am dying to see the day that well-received, well crafted, celebrated superhero films starring African Americans, Latinos, Asians, Native Americans, women (of all colors), LGBTQs, etc, are NOT a rarity. :D 

When I get likes back first thing I'm doing is liking this comment because I absolutely agree.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

The issue with giantcal is closed.

@Cochofles  I am with you when you say that you thought Rock of Ages would cross 100 million. For the record I absolutely loved that movie and it's my favorite musical of all time. Everything about it spoke to me and my age group and I love the music in it and I love the stars in it and to me it was just pure 100% classic stuff.

Really? That is sooooo cool!

OMG, I thought I would forever be the only person I knew that loved ROA. :D 

I soooo agree with all you wrote: loved the music and the performances, loved the love story in it, the costumes, everything. Every single aspect of it.

I seriously could not believe that it tanked. I am not kidding when I say that it is indeed one of my all time favorite movies (in any genre)! 

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On an unrelated WW note, McDonalds is doing a promotion for Emoji Movie, every Happy Meal you buy, you get a BOGO deal on Emoji Movie tickets. Sony must really want this thing to do the impossible $100M+ domestic goal. However it'll likely end with a solid $85M/$235M gross.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Bring in the cocaine and hookers (male and female, duh!)!! :D

Damn, somebody knows how to party. :rock:

Disclaimer: This post neither endorses or discourages the use of cocaine and prostitutes. :sparta:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1