CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | ANNABELLE 2 - $35m; DUNKIRK - $11.4m; NUT JOB 2 - $8.9m; BABY DRIVER Crosses $100m!!!

6 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I'm trying to decide between Annabelle movie (didn't see any of the other Conjuring/Anabelle movies), Glass Castle, or Big Sick for the weekend.

Big Sick. It's likely shedding theaters soon and it's a pretty enjoyable movie.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Who is directing The Nun? Because, given that many people actually liked The Conjuring 2 more than the 1st one, and next year's Summer looks a little weak in terms of horror (except for The Purge 4, which is just a one-weekend-only event), it has stroooong potential.

True. TC2 was so well liked by audiences as the first one, if it wasn't for the strong competition, it would have came close to the first movie, IMO. It had great legs OS, the only problem was DOM, where it was crushed by Dory. 

9 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I'm trying to decide between Annabelle movie (didn't see any of the other Conjuring/Anabelle movies), Glass Castle, or Big Sick for the weekend.

Big Sick, really damn good

• Like 1

General update for my theater:

Annabelle is performing very well. My showing had 30 people, and the 1:20 show had just over 20 in it. It's selling great tonight, and Emoji's late show was canned for another Annabelle. The 4:00 show still hasn't sold anything though.

Nut Job's showing in 15 minutes is selling very well into the 20s while the first two were in the mid-teens.

Kidnap is selling GREAT still. It's selling slightly more than TDT.

Dark Tower has dropped a lot. The morning show sold a little over 20 tickets, but the last one sold in lower-teens and upcoming showings are basically lingering in mid-singles at the moment.

SMH is selling well.

Emoji has been selling in high-singles per showing, which is fine when school is in session and another animated flick opened.

Dunkirk has quieted down a bit. I don't think any of the earlier showings hit 10 tickets.

Atomic Blonde is selling ok with anywhere from 8-16 seats. It feels a bit on par with how it was selling last week tbh.

Detroit is still selling like shit.

DM3 and Lion King are at the end of the line.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Big Sick for sure. Creation would be a weak way to enter The Conjuring universe (despite being first chronologically), and The Glass Castle is a bit mixed with reviews.

• Like 1

http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-blade-runner-2049-mountain-us-little-pony/

Blade Runner - $44/115

Mountain - $8/25

Persomally I think the DOM total prediction for 2049 is spot-on, however with a slightly lower OW (37-39M). 

Mountain Between Us on the other hand has a better chance of doing 25M opening weekend than DOM total

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Annabelle Creation was fucking DUMB. Sandberg is such a WANnabe. He can create a nice atmosphere but cannot deliver on scares. The characters are moronic as hell too. Only a few people are staying for the post credits scene right now. I heard a lot of mixed reactions as people were leaving.

YES.  I love good news after getting an endoscopy

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

New BOP predictions and TCs:

mother!: 10.5/27 (lmfao)

Blade Runner: 44/115

Mountain: 8/25

MLP: 7.5/21.5

THB: 3,000 (prediction has been reduced to 17.5/51)

Logan Lucky: 2,400

Leap: 2,100 (prediction has been reduced to 4.25/14.9)

All Saints: 1,000

Birth of the Dragon: 700

It is up to 46/115

American Assassin is up to 11.5/29

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-blade-runner-2049-mountain-us-little-pony/

Blade Runner - $44/115

Mountain - $8/25

Persomally I think the DOM total prediction for 2049 is spot-on, however with a slightly lower OW (37-39M). 

Mountain Between Us on the other hand has a better chance of doing 25M opening weekend than DOM total

Lmao that TMBU run is laughable. It's doing 70M domestic.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Blade Runner - $44/115

Mountain - $8/25

Numbers for The Mountain Between Us seem spot on for now. I'll see it just for Elba, Winslet, and the potentially nice winter landscape but I'm not expecting it to be all that great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Blade Runner - $44/115

Mountain - $8/25

Mid to high $30m sounds about right for Blade Runner. 

• Like 1