CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | ANNABELLE 2 - $35m; DUNKIRK - $11.4m; NUT JOB 2 - $8.9m; BABY DRIVER Crosses $100m!!!

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Charlie Hunnam is NOT a movie star, when will Hollywood realize this?

I think they already fully well known, was he ever used has a movie star in a movie ? City of Z he was not using a movie star persona in that and King Arthur is a franchise movie those work all the time without a star in them (it does not mean they thought he was a star because he was cast).

• Like 1

Annabelle Creation was horrible.  Horror movie characters are dumb, the ones in this film bring it to a whole other level of stupid.  

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 4

4 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Annabelle Creation was horrible.  Horror movie characters are dumb, the ones in this film bring it to a whole other level of stupid.  

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

YESSSSSSSSS THANK YOU BAUMER :ohmygod: 

Mixed reactions on BOT it seems. Will be interesting to see if it can beat the previous movie's 2.27x being a sequel. 

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

Mixed reactions on BOT it seems. Will be interesting to see if it can beat the previous movie's 2.27x being a sequel. 

Audience WOM is good and it has late summer weekdays; it's definitely beating the first's multi. I'm super curious to see how much it drops today though.

22 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That article confirmed 3 things:

WW expands back into IMAX on the 25th

BD goes wide again on the 25th

Cars 3 goes wide again on September 1

that means LD expansion is not a sure thing, but referring to JW, it keep in wide expansion mood for 2 weeks, the weeks before LD and on LD' week, full 2 week of expansion, which could boost even more for WW if the 1st week of expansion starting 25th was well-received! 

but 29th Aug digital download could damper the boost......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

that means LD expansion is not a sure thing, but referring to JW, it keep in wide expansion mood for 2 weeks, the weeks before LD and on LD' week, full 2 week of expansion, which could boost even more for WW if the 1st week of expansion starting 25th was well-received! 

but 29th Aug digital download could damper the boost......

Yeah, the digital release before LD makes its expansion prospects questionable the following weekend. I think it might squeak past 1k theaters, but it doesn't exactly sound like WB is planning anything major.

• Thanks 1

Also I did think about "lol maybe these characters in Annabelle" are stupid a couple times, but really when you boil it down, they're kids in dangerous situations.  They make stupid decisions with or without a dangerous situation at hand, so it makes sense for them to act questionably.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That Floating Guy said:

Also I did think about "lol maybe these characters in Annabelle" are stupid a couple times, but really when you boil it down, they're kids in dangerous situations.  They make stupid decisions with or without a dangerous situation at hand, so it makes sense for them to act questionably.

That's such a weak, trite excuse. Maybe if the characters had more depth, I'd give it a pass.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

That's such a weak, trite excuse. Maybe if the characters had more depth, I'd give it a pass.

Yeah it's such a weak excuse.  Totally.  How dare kids act like kids.

If you're in a dangerous situation as a fucking adult, your decision making won't be the smartest.  If you're in a dangerous situation as a kid, then why the fuck would it be any better?