CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | ANNABELLE 2 - $35m; DUNKIRK - $11.4m; NUT JOB 2 - $8.9m; BABY DRIVER Crosses $100m!!!

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

yeah I don't see why Wonder Woman is getting an expansion. Dunkirk should just keep IMAX

F*ck Dunkirk.

Go Wonder Woman. I guess I am gonna take the wife to one more showing afterall.

• Like 1

Just now, ACSlater said:

F*ck Dunkirk.

Go Wonder Woman. I guess I am gonna take the wife to one more showing afterall.

Agreed. I just don't understand why the fuck Sony is expanding freaking Baby Driver and not going with Spider-Man: Homecoming too. But maybe they are? Let's see. 

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

Agreed. I just don't understand why the fuck Sony is expanding freaking Baby Driver and not going with Spider-Man: Homecoming too. But maybe they are? Let's see. 

Spider-Man doesn't need an expansion when it's likely to still be in more than 1,500 theaters by then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

Oh. Now I see. Homecoming still has 2.5k screens, while Baby Driver is under 1k. It makes sense. 

Just now, filmlover said:

Spider-Man doesn't need an expansion when it's likely to still be in more than 1,500 theaters by then.

Yeah I just realized that. Han explained to me that yesterday but I thought that Baby Driver had way more screens than it does atm. 

1 hour ago, Steele131 said:

Hollywood needs to stop trying to make some actors into movie stars 

but what if those actors ooze charm because they are sunny beatific thoughtful delightful and generally merry looking with a glowing radiant expression:

Spoiler

Valerian-2017.jpg?ssl=1

4 hours ago, a2knet said:

but what if those actors ooze charm because they are sunny beatific thoughtful delightful and generally merry looking with a glowing radiant expression:

Reveal hidden contents

Still don't know why studios thought Cara would sell that movie. Everyone knows her as a fashion model and nothing else.

6 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

I mean nearly everyone already has the Lion King bluray or can easily download it, so I doubt it made much at all. Disney could be too embarrassed to release the numbers if they are too low.

titanic.jpg

jurassic-park.jpg

The point to this is there are films that have done incredibly well when rereleased.  I'm not sure why TLK was being rereleased now but Disney didn't really put any significant advertising dollars into it.  I knew Titanic and JP were coming to theaters when rereleased.....I had no idea TLk was even out this weekend.

I can't believe how dead the rest of the month is after this weekend.  There's nothing coming out before IT and after Hitman's Bodyguard that is really going to make a dent in the box office.  Maybe the faith themed movie might do something  but I've never even heard of it.  Maybe the T2 release could do a few dollars.  But there really isn't one big film coming out between this weekend and September 8th.  

9 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

The point to this is there are films that have done incredibly well when rereleased.  I'm not sure why TLK was being rereleased now but Disney didn't really put any significant advertising dollars into it.  I knew Titanic and JP were coming to theaters when rereleased.....I had no idea TLk was even out this weekend.

It was only a rerelease at AMC; no other theaters had it.

5 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I can't believe how dead the rest of the month is after this weekend.  There's nothing coming out before IT and after Hitman's Bodyguard that is really going to make a dent in the box office.  Maybe the faith themed movie might do something  but I've never even heard of it.  Maybe the T2 release could do a few dollars.  But there really isn't one big film coming out between this weekend and September 8th.  

Weinstein needs to wisen up and put Wind River in 2k theaters over this period. They aren't getting to that mark if they continue playing it slow

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

titanic.jpg

jurassic-park.jpg

It is just an AMC thing. They are also rereleasing other Disney movies over September. @WrathOfHan has talked about it.

The Lion King made like 90M when it was rereleased a few years back by Disney.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, eddyxx said:

I just saw Annabelle 2 and it was actually good. Never seen the first one. Don't remember Conjuring and never saw Conjuring 2.

There were genuine scares. I give it a 7/10

You did well to not see the first Annabelle, it was trash.