grim22

Labor Day Weekend Thread: The Death of Box Office | Posting or Discussing Any Weekend Numbers = Banned | Pokémon or True Detective gifs Are Allowed

57 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

LMAO IT HAPPENED @CJohn: WIND RIVER IS GETTING MOVED TO THE SECOND BIGGEST AUDITORIUM TOMORROW :rofl: All Saints still has the biggest though :wintf: 

If only you waited, you wouldn't be in a theater that smelled like literal shit

• Like 1

The door in the auditorium I was in today was squeaky as fuck too, and you could see the light from the hallway shining onto the screen in darker scenes. That's the only time I've ever experienced that in these types of auditoriums. Who knew a fucking door could detract from a movie :rofl: 

I think Studios are doing a more blockbuster season with the Spring, and the Fall. There's a West Virginia Vs. Virginia college football game tomorrow as well. And football comes in full swing starting the 10th, but honestly I don't that would hurt IT next weekend. IT's Friday audience will be young adults. Then the adults on the weekends and spicing it up with teenagers.

But as for Mother! We"ll see, I expect a $13-$15 million debut for it right now as Paramount sucks with marketing their films nowadays. American Assassin, won't be that big of a hit. John Wick 1 level would be fair. 

Kingsman 2 and Ninjago will be the first time that two films in September will both be debuting over $40 million each in one weekend. Friend Request will bomb, just from the looks of that awful poster the film will more likely be under 1,500 screens. 

American Made could break-even in the states, but do better internationally. Flatliners will die. 

Overall September should be the more busier ones in a few years, and should at least heal the wounds of August and the majority of the summer of 2017.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

Inhumans making 2M? Who are these ppl? Society is broken

As expected. You were delusional if you thought it was gonna be a super bomb. Next it will do solid ratings and get renewed and everyone will act surprised.

• Astonished 1