CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

I have my doubts that Bumblebee stays on the same date. It might move a week ahead or probably go to like MLK weekend.

Animated Spider-Man vs Mortal Engines vs Bumblebee would be an interesting battle.

7 minutes ago, Alli said:

Transformers, the franchise is dead.  i don't know what it could take to reinvigorate it

Travis Knight Bumblebee set in the 80's ? (maybe the 80's setting popularity will have gone by then)

I thought they were aiming for a smaller affair, but they seem to be spending way over 100 million in the state of California alone, that is a very good sign.

That should be a complete change of tone/setting/release date format that could reinvigorate it (could go both ways)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

I know I'm going to be a sucker and see the Bumblebee movie. I just know it.

Well if it is just 70% has good as is Kubo and the Two strings....... 

Not sure I get people issue with the director here, yes first time live action but he has earn the benefit of the doubt no ?

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

Not sure I get people issue with the director here, yes first time live action but he has earn the benefit of the doubt no ?

Well, Andrew Stanton and Brad Bird definitely showed us to trust animation directors in live action for sure :thinking: 

• Haha 2

Just now, Barnack said:

I have no issue with the director, personally. I have an issue with the franchise. It's good fun at the movies, and I've even defended AGE OF EXTINCTION in the past, but THE LAST KNIGHT was more like THE LAST STRAW for me.

• Haha 2

Just now, grim22 said:

Well, Andrew Stanton and Brad Bird definitely showed us to trust animation directors in live action for sure :thinking: 

He will not have Stanton power to do some of the very strange thing he did and it sound like something much easier and less ambitious project than what those 2 tried to pull off.

Never saw John Carter (well I tried, never saw more than 20 minute even thought I have the bluray of John Carter), but I loved Tomorrow land except for the ending, could be my favorite  Disney live action of the last 10 year's with Guardian of the galaxy frankly and Bird Ghost Protocol was well received enough.

It is far from certain to be good, but it does sound like it has a chance to be.

6 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I have no issue with the director, personally. I have an issue with the franchise. It's good fun at the movies, and I've even defended AGE OF EXTINCTION in the past, but THE LAST KNIGHT was more like THE LAST STRAW for me.

Micheal Bay is such a strong auteur in thigh control of absolutely everything on is movies that I'm not sure the franchise has much relevance if he is not directing and too involved in the writing, combined with the 80's setting, different budget, no credited returning writers, not sure how the previous transformer entry could be a good indicator of that movie potential.