CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

I think this opening weekend proves that studios should be releasing more blockbusters in months like January, September and October. If there is an audience for a movie they will go and see it regardless of the time of year. And releasing a film in those months can actually be beneficial as the competition is next to none.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I'm more interested in seeing it because Michael Bay won't be the director for another Transformers film.

Which might be a good thing for the upcoming TF-films. They could bring a director that could hopefully make the next one a lot better...and give the franchise something new & exciting to offer. All that without relying too much on the Michael Bay-formula that got "Revenge of the Fallen", "Age of Extinction" & "The Last Knight" into trouble.....quailty-wise that is.

29 minutes ago, Blankments said:

10x:

Geostorm: Kong, Life, Wonder Woman, POTC, Spider-Man, Apes 4K, Transformers, 47 Meters Down, Big Sick Round 2, Megan Leavey

Hide contents

2x:

Deadpool 2: Logan, Logan Round 2
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle: Spider-Man, Spider-Man Round 2
Victoria and Abdul: Book of Henry, Good Time
The Florida Project: Brigsby Bear, Good Time
Happy Death Day: Annabelle, 47 Meters Down
The Snowman: Atomic Blonde, Dunkirk Round 2
Professor Marston and the Wonder Women: Wonder Woman, Dark Tower

1x:

The Greatest Showman: Despicable Me
Marshall: Apes 4K
Woodshock: A Ghost Story
The Star: Emoji
Olaf’s Frozen Adventure: The Lion King
A Wrinkle in Time: Valerian
Darkest Hour: Atomic Blonde
Wonder: Glass Castle
The Shape of Water: Apes Round 2
Only the Brave: Detroit
Ingrid Goes West: Brigsby Bear
Call Me by Your Name: Brigsby Bear
Novitiate: Brigsby Bear
Molly’s Game: Logan Lucky
Breathe: Logan Lucky
Suburbicon: Good Time
The Killing of a Sacred Deer: Good Time
Friend Request: 47 Meters Down
Same Kind of Different as Me: Megan Leavey
Forever My Girl: Megan Leavey
Mark Felt: The Man Who Brought Down the White House: Dunkirk Round 2
Alpha: Dunkirk Round 2
Proud Mary: Girls Trip

Goddamn, you've gotten Geostorm 10 times? :ohmygod: 

26 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I have no issue with the director, personally. I have an issue with the franchise. It's good fun at the movies, and I've even defended AGE OF EXTINCTION in the past, but THE LAST KNIGHT was more like THE LAST STRAW for me.

With th it's ridiculously convoluted plot and lack of action, I'm not sure who The Last Knight was trying to please 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John Marston said:

With th it's ridiculously convoluted plot and lack of action, I'm not sure who The Last Knight was trying to please 

And keeping Optimus Prime

completely out of the movie till almost the end of the 3rd act.

That was a weird decision since Bumblebee is not a character who can carry that movie.

25 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Well sure, but you are excited to see him fail so he would go back to animation...or ?

I have nothing against the director. I don't know how you are personalizing this as a vendetta against the director. I think the release date is terrible and that the film will be destroyed because of the bad release date. I didn't force the Kubo director to direct a Transformers movie. I'll root for the director to get back on his feet of course because Kubo was good.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

@75livesinDerry @Robertman2 Floats Too Pretty sure someone else said their crowd laughed

And the crowd I just saw it with laughed again when that trailer ended

So 2 different showings at vastly different times had the same humorous reaction. 

Don't think it will hurt the film just that trailer is awful

Edited by 75livesinDerry

11 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I have nothing against the director. I don't know how you are personalizing this as a vendetta against the director. I think the release date is terrible and that the film will be destroyed because of the bad release date. I didn't force the Kubo director to direct a Transformers movie. I'll root for the director to get back on his feet of course because Kubo was good.

Still need to adjust to people caring a lot about the franchise tag on the movies I guess.

7 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Still need to adjust to people caring a lot about the franchise tag on the movies I guess.

Am I more interested in a James Wan directed under water epic than a movie from a non live action director from a franchise about a stupid toyline that I never much gave a crap about? Yes.

I liked Ninja Turtles and Power Rangers as a little girl. I, at best, had a passing interest in Transformers because Beast Wars was a series using the shiny and new at the time CGI animation. There is no reason for me to care about Bumblebee.