CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

Just now, That One Guy said:

Sounds amazing.  Would pay to watch it.

One scene in the first book I kinda think they may have shied away from because the ignorant people would call it derivative of the church scene in Kingsman.

Spoiler

Basically while stopping over in a little ramshackle town during his chase, all of the residents get manipulated/controlled into trying to kill Roland, so he has to kill every single one in a running gunfight through the town.

• Like 1

I'm still flabbergasted at the thought process of four different horror movies at 100M (because there's no way Annabelle misses the mark with that hold) in a single year. More so even than the INSANITY of It's opening numbers.

Hitman's Bodyguard is also lowkey almost making a 3x multiplier, which is pretty damn good considering how many comedies this year didn't make it past 2.7x :rofl:

Also noteworthy: Wind River will probably beat Hell Or High Water's 27M or come close; Homecoming still has a shot at the 330 range of BVS/GOTG/SM3; WW is likely to reach that epic threshold of a 4x multiplier; and Dunkirk is all but guaranteed to beat Interstellar domestically.

• Like 1

Wow wow wow wow...

I have never ever ever been to a theater were people stood up and applaused after the movie. Its not a thing we do here..

But it happend today. We went to a almost full theater a 3,30pm. Thats also rare. Its going to have a huge OD/OW here..

I did'ent like everthing but it captured most of the loosers soul from the book and acting was great all around.. Pennywise was awesome but Tim Curry's performance is still hard to top..

Movie was scary as fuck and i think my 13 year old son will sleep between his mom and dad for the next week or 2

8,5/10

Just now, 4815162342 said:

One scene in the first book I kinda think they may have shied away from because the ignorant people would call it derivative of the church scene in Kingsman.

Reveal hidden contents

Alright I'm gonna read the first book now and the rest of the series if I like the first one.  Sounds right up my alley.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Wow wow wow wow...

I have never ever ever been to a theater were people stood up and applaused after the movie. Its not a thing we do here..

But it happend today. We went to a almost full theater a 3,30pm. Thats also rare. Its going to have a huge OD/OW here..

I did'ent like everthing but it captured most of the loosers soul from the book and acting was great all around.. Pennywise was awesome but Tim Curry's performance is still hard to top..

Movie was scary as fuck and i think my 13 year old son will sleep between his mom and dad for the next week or 2

8,5/10

Pffff your suppose to go to a late night session for horrors....

9 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

A faithful adaptation of the first book would've been a grimy western chase film with occasional bouts of major violence or weird fantasy elements.

I'm guessing they wanted to do something more commercial to set up their own series better, so they plucked elements from a few novels and mashed them together into what they thought would make for a good startup venture. They were wrong.

That sounds a hell of a lot more intriguing than another Underworld/Resident Evil type of film.

I get making it more mainstream but getting rid of all the interesting stuff will never not be a horrible idea.