aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

Just now, TalismanRing said:

I think more credit goes to Phillip K. Dick for that

To a point, but the book is actually really sparse on the look of the world. It doesn't even say LA 2019 looks especially grimy or decrepit. That was all Scott. Dick actually saw early production footage of the city just before he died, and was floored.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alli said:

I love stylish movies. I loved the original BR. Drive is another example of "style over substance" if you wanna call it that.

I thought original BR was good though didn't like the pacing. Drive was insufferable for me. Know folks who share a love/hate relationship with it. Nothing in between. Probably like Mother!

also substance with good style imo = Children of Men. Also Her.

Edited by a2knet

Like I always say, judge these expectations on what your friends are talking about/seeing. 

My work colleagues, who age in range from 25-35 won’t go and see Blade Runner. They know it’s meant to be amazing but they haven’t seen the first one. This isn’t a Fury Road actioner where they needn’t have seen the predecessors. If anything it’s a reminder to them that they really need to watch that first film that they’ve never seen. 

For the record, the film is incredible. It’s a little embarrassing people haven’t come out in droves, but when they feel like they’re not going to get it then it’s not that surprising.