aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

I wonder if the weekend analysis articles are going to put a spin on it. 

Harrison Ford's biggest OW for a non Star Wars or Indiana Jones film since Cowboys and Aliens.  (on the high end of Harrison Ford's range but below Air Force One)

Ryan Gosling's highest OW by far.

Dennis Villenueve largest OW

39 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Compared to Ghost and Blade Runner, J.Law and Pratt did help Passengers afterall. Terrible reviews + facing Star Wars

Passengers' 3-day OW was less than what GITS or Valerian opened to, though. The only saving grace in its favor was the Christmas/Holiday season (including the 4-day Christmas OW, not just 3-day) that pushed its legs immensely forward. I mean, even fucking Assassin's Creed finished with 55M DOM because of that very same reason. If it opened in any other spot of the calendar, it probably would've finished with 50M at best. GITS could've done 60-70M if it opened in the same timeline, possibly more; while Blade Runner could've made as much as 100M+.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Passengers' 3-day OW was less than what GITS or Valerian opened to, though. The only saving grace in its favor was the Christmas/Holiday season (including the 4-day Christmas OW, not just 3-day) that pushed its legs immensely forward. I mean, even fucking Assassin's Creed finished with 55M DOM because of that very same reason. If it opened in any other spot of the calendar, it probably would've finished with 50M at best. GITS could've done 60-70M if it opened in the same timeline, possibly more; while Blade Runner could've made as much as 100M+.

Well then it was smart of Sony to pick that release date in the first place. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XO21 said:

Compared to Ghost and Blade Runner, J.Law and Pratt did help Passengers afterall. Terrible reviews + facing Star Wars

Which totally makes a case for starpower and holiday legs.

Imagine Passengers released in any other date starring, say, Blake Lively and Michael B. Jordan (and that is not a slam against those two,  both of whom I love, btw). 

I bet it would not have made half of what it made.

Edited by Cochofles
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Which totally makes a case for starpower and holiday legs.

Imagine Passengers released in any other date starring, say, Blake Lively and Micahel B. Jordan (and that is not a slam against those two,  both of whom I love, btw). 

I bet it would not have made half of what it made.

An interracial Passengers movie. :jeb!:

The tears of the alt right would be delicious.

Though I think people would support it due to the controversy and novelty. Enough to hit around 70 m.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Turns out Denis is now the biggest director draw on Hollywood...

It's fanbase went in masses Thursday night, frontloading the weekend!

How we were so blind?

:redcapes:

If he directed an awesome superhero movie along with his current filmography, he'd be a draw.

Are people really doubting that Passengers would have done less if J-Law wasn't in it? 

It's 30% on RT and came out with mixed to polarizing WOM and the only reason I saw it was because of her. Come the fuck on and let's not pretend Passengers could have done more with anyone else as the lead.

• Like 2