aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

The rest of the year will be crap (as far as my excitement is concerned) except for Justice League, Molly's Game, Shape of the Water, Happy Death Day, Murder on the Orient Express, and Professor Marston and the Wonder Women.

Everything else looks like lukewarm, unwashed ass... :gold: 

Edited by Cochofles

Weekend thoughts:

Not much to say about Blade Runner's numbers that hasn't already been said. Very disappointing. Maybe it'll develop legs but I remain doubtful.

The Mountain Between Us had a relatively decent opening. Really tepid for My Little Pony though, which posted a really weak weekend multiplier for an animated movie.

IT continues to do great. Kingsman and American Made saw big drops despite Blade Runner underperforming.

Victoria & Abdul is doing really well. Considering how old it's definitely skewing, I wouldn't rule out a $30M+ total. Battle of the Sexes will finish with less than $15M.

Great start for The Florida Project. Hopefully that spells good news for its expansion.

Just now, Cochofles said:

The rest of the year will be crap (as far as my excitement is concerned) except for Justice League, Molly's Game, Shape of the Water, Happy Death Day, Murder on the Orient Express, and Professor Marston and the Wonder Women.

That's still a bunch of movies to look forward to.

3 minutes ago, spaghetti! said:

That Saturday number for MLP....did the bronies frontload it?!

also while we're on the topic....

get out

killing of a sacred deer

mother!

dunkirk

baby driver

Honestly, I think they really only marketed to them (with the phone deal and social media stuff)...I didn't see much "for the movie" marketed to kids (and don't get me started on "toys" b/c like Legos, these ponies are around all year, so they aren't hyping the movie:)...

It probably made for a very cheap marketing campaign, but ultimately one that probably didn't give them the opening they wanted...of course, after Lego Ninjago, maybe they thought they knew what their max number could be, and it wasn't gonna be worth it (thus why they also didn't push for more theaters)...better to just focus on eventually selling acres of copies on blu-ray and dvd and digitally...and keeping the toys in the limelight...like the reason for "Cars" movies...

I'm more surprised it couldn't hit low double digits (which was my predict) than BR not hitting expectations...

5 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I'm excited for The Post.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ Wins Toronto Film Festival Audience Award

Yes I know. Just saying the trailer doesn't look appealing.  I very well could up liking it though. Wouldn't  be the first time I've goten the complete wrong impression from a trailer

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yes I know. Just saying the trailer doesn't look appealing.  I very well could up liking it though. Wouldn't  be the first time I've goten the complete wrong impression from a trailer

You ever seen In Bruges? Seems like a movie you'd enjoy