Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend topic: BOM || Happy Death Day: $26.5M || Blade Runner: $15.1M || The Foreigner: $12.8M || IT: $6M || Annabelle: Creation at $300m WW

57 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Holy fuck, Happy Death Day was fucking great.

One of my fave experiences this year at cinema, tons of fun, teens are going to eat it up, finally a Horror movie aimed to this demo that is actually great.

Jessica Roth was amazing, she’s going to have a bright future.

I can see numbers increasing during the whole weekend, it is extremely crowd pleaser, it’s just pure fun, WOM will be great.

Such an amazing end of year for the genre! 

I loved it too! Hope it does very well and can help bring us some more slashers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Holy fuck, Happy Death Day was fucking great.

One of my fave experiences this year at cinema, tons of fun, teens are going to eat it up, finally a Horror movie aimed to this demo that is actually great.

Jessica Roth was amazing, she’s going to have a bright future.

I can see numbers increasing during the whole weekend, it is extremely crowd pleaser, it’s just pure fun, WOM will be great.

Such an amazing end of year for the genre! 

All of this. See HDD people! It's really good. 

• Thanks 1

THR's BR2049 upate has to be worst most insulting update ever...even including all of Nikki's shenanigans.

Happy Death Day will easily beat holdover Blade Runner 2049, which could earn anywhere from $13 million-$17 million in its second outing after debuting to a disappointing $32.8 million against a net budget of $150 million.

Might as well have gone with "it will earn a few million fucking dollars, why do you care asshole"

2 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

$10M wouldn't surprise me for Blade Runner 2049.

considering it had a 2.23 Thu (-9% from Wed), i don't think it can do below 14-15 but who knows.

minimum I see right now ... 4.5 (+102%) + 5.85 (+30%) + 3.65 (-38%) = 14

alright strap in boys, I got a long story for y'all

So tonight I was planning on seeing My Little Pony at 9:30 because I sure as hell was not going to go a show that had a lot of kids at it. I got a friend of mine to come along with me too so I couldn't back out or feel awkward about buying a ticket to see MLP alone. So we arrive at the theater around 9:20 and get ready to buy our tickets at the automated ticket booth (again we're not gonna go to the counter and go "Excuse me, 1 to My Little Pony: The Movie please"), but we can't find the show. We look all around the ticket booths but we find that they replaced the 9:30 of MLP with a showing of Happy Death Day! Thankfully, there was a 10:20 showing a half hour away so we went on a longer trip than usual to see My Little Pony.

But when we arrived at the other theater, the automated ticket booth was broken. :( So we had to buy our tickets from a cashier and she gave us some "First Movie Certificates" but it was okay because we got a private showing of My Little Pony: The Movie which was pretty fun. (It also helps that it's a better movie than pretty much everything out not titled IT or Blade Runner 2049). But basically yeah, I'm bummed I had to use a lot of gas to see My Little Pony: The Movie because a showing was cancelled for Happy Death Day. More like Unhappy Movie Day for Blanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

alright strap in boys, I got a long story for y'all

So tonight I was planning on seeing My Little Pony at 9:30 

Why

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

because I sure as hell was not going to go a show that had a lot of kids at it. 

not an answer 

2 minutes ago, Blankments said:

I got a friend of mine to come along with me too so I couldn't back out or feel awkward about buying a ticket to see MLP

listen to those feelings

3 minutes ago, Blankments said:

So we arrive at the theater around 9:20 and get ready to buy our tickets at the automated ticket booth (again we're not gonna go to the counter and go "Excuse me, 1 to My Little Pony: The Movie please"), but we can't find the show.

life is trying to give you a hint

4 minutes ago, Blankments said:

We look all around the ticket booths but we find that they replaced the 9:30 of MLP with a showing of Happy Death Day!

Life is trying to give you a hint!

5 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Thankfully, there was a 10:20 showing a half hour away so we went on a longer trip than usual to see My Little Pony.

wait what no blanks no

5 minutes ago, Blankments said:

But when we arrived at the other theater, the automated ticket booth was broken. 

LIFE IS TRYING TO GIVE YOU A HINT

6 minutes ago, Blankments said:

But basically yeah, I'm bummed I had to use a lot of gas to see My Little Pony: The Movie because a showing was cancelled for Happy Death Day. More like Unhappy Movie Day for Blanks.

this is like that time you nibbled on the girl's finger and she was all trying to drop all kinds of hints only this time the girl is life.

but the result was the same. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12
  • Astonished 1

Blumhouse Has Plenty To Smile About As ‘Happy Death Day’ Scares Up $26M+ Opening

http://deadline.com/2017/10/happy-death-day-blade-runner-2049-weekend-box-office-the-foreigner-jackie-chan-1202187771/

A microbudget horror film, Blumhouse/Universal’s Happy Death Day, is beating the very expensive sci-fi Alcon Entertainment/Sony sequel Blade Runner 2049 in its second weekend respectively $26.2M to $13.8M.

• Like 1