Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I think it should be considered taking off @Nova's threadban. A warning would've worked. There have been others that have done far worse on here and never got punished. All three of the major movies have taken unjust beatings in the last few weeks. Nova getting punished feels kind of wrong in the grand scheme. 

Edited by MrGamer

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Interesting. But baffled at the inclusion of First Reformed and You Were Never Really There on one of those lists...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Regardless of the perceived justice or injustice of Nova’s situation, a Saturday night/Sunday morning weekend thread ban is about as light a punishment as BOT offers. 

It's not about the harshness of the punishment, it's about the injustice of it being handed out in the first place!

Rise up and tell the truth!

Edited by reddevil19

9 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

I think it should be considered taking off @Nova's threadban. A warning would've worked. There have been others that have done far worse on here and never got punished. All three of the major movies have taken unjust beatings in the last few weeks. Nova getting punished feels kind of wrong in the grand scheme. 

Since everyone feels it's wrong and having heard the trolling from other users, I'll rescind @Nova's ban and just make it a warning

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

Napoleon has gone out of his way to troll MCU and the Fantastic Beasts threads, has tried to start fan wars and conspiracy theories multiple times, and has even stated that people who say anything negative about Zack Snyder should burn in hell. This stirring of the pot has been going on for years. Few threadbans, fewer suspensions, no ban.

I actually have been warned and banned unfairly many times in this forum, especially around the release of DCEU movies, to the point where I developed some kind of PTSD that makes me nervous every time I receive a quote notification from Telemachos.

I don't think it's fair to accuse me of trolling. I actually only do fanboy wars in the fanboy wars thread, which is allowed. Sometimes I visit a MCU thread to drop a negative opinion and run. But there's nothing wrong with that, we're allowed to have an opinion.

The Snyder thing was kind of a meltdown and I regret it. I was having a bad day. I'm usually well behaved. I don't understand why some people here hate me. I assume it has something to do with language, maybe people think I'm being sarcastic or malicious when I'm not. English is not my first language.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Sometimes I visit a MCU thread to drop a negative opinion and run. But there's nothing wrong with that, we're allowed to have an opinion.

Stop doing this - for your own sake as much as anyone else's. 

Something that works for me is I type a rant/angry reply (and I don't just mean on forums, but emails and messages in day-to-day life) whenever I have something negative and potentially impulsive to say, read it back and don't hit post/reply. I vent but don't put it put for others to see and then let that devolve into something potentially terrible.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Sometimes I visit a MCU thread to drop a negative opinion and run. 

But why? It’s the equivalent of pissing in someone’s back yard and running away. Everyone knows you don’t care for Marvel stuff — that’s fine. So why go into one of those threads in the first place?

Even before I bailed earlier this year, I just stopping going into CBM threads and believe me, it’s so much nicer. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Nova said:

BOT was a nice community for the time I was on here. Loved interacting with so many posters and learning so much about the industry. But I see the standards that are given towards certain films and how those standards don’t apply across the board. 

Peace out ✌️ 

make sure to drop by once Detective Pikachu hits a billion next year :ph34r:

Honestly I think the mods made the right decision. You can call Mary Poppins a flop and you know that there won't be much of a mess because nobody cares enough for Mary Poppins to counter-attack you.

Hoever, we all know what even a joking post about a CBM can cause . It's not about who's right and who's wrong it's about preventing chaos.

Just now, FantasticBeasts said:

Honestly I think the mods made the right decision. You can call Mary Poppins a flop and you know that there won't be much of a mess because nobody cares enough for Mary Poppins to counter-attack you.

I don't think this is true -- heck, I enjoyed MPR enough to be bothered by the trash-talking -- and besides, even if it were, it leads to tyranny of the majority where anything that's not a major tentpole with a huge fanbase gets derided. 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I don't think this is true -- heck, I enjoyed MPR enough to be bothered by the trash-talking -- and besides, even if it were, it leads to tyranny of the majority where anything that's not a major tentpole with a huge fanbase gets derided. 

The least obsessive CBM fanboy is more defensive over his movies than a person who enjoyed Mary Poppins.

As for the second argument, probably true but usually it's the fanboys who aren't mature and can't take much criticism. I don't think anybody else will get super angry if anybody calls a movie he likes a flop.

At least to my eyes, the problem is created more from people who choose to argue with users who are noticably trolling or joking. Just don't respond and there won't be a problem.

Edited by FantasticBeasts
  • Like 1