Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

While I mostly agree with the sentiment, I do find all of the outrage/handwringing over rebooting BSG a bit... Funny?  Ironic?  Amusing?

Let's go with amusing, given all the shit that was rained down on the idea of the first BSG reboot and how fans of the reboot had to put up with so much crap from original BSG fans.

"All of this has happened before and it will happen again" indeed.

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2019 at 1:04 AM, Thanos Legion said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Wow, I hadn’t seen that chart before. Really puts in perspective how awkward losing Friends and the Office will be for them :hahaha:

I imagine it explain that price tag and that move:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/09/seinfeld-netflix-streaming-deal

Netflix Nabs Seinfeld Streaming Rights in $500 Million-Plus Deal

Literally everything but Disney + and maybe HBO Max will fail. Like this is a no brainer.

The ones already around will do fine and adapt but every new one from Peacock to Apple TV will flop badly. 

Streaming Wars may be going on so get ready for The Rise of the Pirates.

Edited by Cappoedameron

30 minutes ago, cookie said:

What the actual poop is Quibi?

It’s an upcoming streaming service created by Jeffrey Katzenberg. It’s “gimmick” is that it’s mobile-only, and instead of 22-minute or 44-minute episodes, they are all cut up into bite-sized, 10 minutes or less.

I hate every word there too

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Criterion Channel is pretty niche, but it serves that select audience well. I think it'll stay around for the indefinite future.

Note: I am a CC subscriber.

I wish it would come to the UK, we have the BFI Player as an equivalent but it doesn't seem like the library is as large. btw the criterion subreddit memes are lit

FKymnVP.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eric! said:

It’s an upcoming streaming service created by Jeffrey Katzenberg. It’s “gimmick” is that it’s mobile-only, and instead of 22-minute or 44-minute episodes, they are all cut up into bite-sized, 10 minutes or less.

I hate every word there too

(regards to last post)

Me: Remakes are not inherently bad.  They might bring something new, original, and speak to the current generation that might not think a beloved classic is "all that".  And it's not like the original is going anywhere.

Also me:

Edited by Porthos

36 minutes ago, Eric! said:

"very famous people whose names I won't use"

lmao wut

Maybe he was trying to release a trial balloon?  See how it would go over, knowing there was a very strong chance of a backlash.  So maaaaaybe he phrased it that way to 1) protect the people involved in case it blew up in an expected way but also 2) show that this might be serious if the reception wasn't as bad as feared?

Then again, this is Sony, so maybe I'm giving too much credit here.