Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

11 hours ago, elcaballero said:

My roommates are leaving this month, meaning I'm going to be by myself for the foreseeable future, and I'm starting to get pretty anxious about it. For anyone living alone that's been trapped inside due to COVID, how have you stayed sane?

Have you lived by yourself before? It’s really rather delightful in some ways. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Have you lived by yourself before? It’s really rather delightful in some ways. 

I haven't, so I suppose I really have no idea what it's like. I think my feelings would be different if everything was opened up and I could do more things, but I guess I'm just worried about everything being boring and quiet all the time. I dunno.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elcaballero said:

I haven't, so I suppose I really have no idea what it's like. I think my feelings would be different if everything was opened up and I could do more things, but I guess I'm just worried about everything being boring and quiet all the time. I dunno.

Another option - a cat:).  Most people would say a dog, but cats are wildly self sufficient, almost no work, and yet always there when you feel a little lonely:)...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Another option - a cat:).  Most people would say a dog, but cats are wildly self sufficient, almost no work, and yet always there when you feel a little lonely:)...

I do know that my neighbors have a cat named Ripley. Maybe I'll get one named Jonesy.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, elcaballero said:

Well, this is really just my two cents, and I tend to be an introvert when left to my own devices, but — don’t get too caught or stressed about it. Think about how you get to do the things you went when you want: movies or TV to watch, when/where/what to eat, and so forth. Your apartment will be quiet when you want quiet, and loud when you want loud. 

FaceTime a friend or family when you need to chat with someone. If a friend lives locally, meet up at a park or something where you can talk and hang (while masked) in relative safety. 

It’s possible this’ll become monotonous or annoying if you have to do it for years... but the good news is, you won’t need to. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, elcaballero said:

My roommates are leaving this month, meaning I'm going to be by myself for the foreseeable future, and I'm starting to get pretty anxious about it. For anyone living alone that's been trapped inside due to COVID, how have you stayed sane?

Will you have enough food and stuff to not be hungry?

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Practically no details yet.

@4815162342 @Plain Old Tele 

Serious question:  Now that Fallout, FALLOUT!!!, is coming to of all places Amazon Prime, can a TV series based on PARANOIA be that far behind?

That would be an... interesting series, especially in these highly ironic and politically charged times.

People are actually speculating that Snyder would rather sell the team and have that person change the name than back down on his "never ever" stance and change it himself.

To which I say:

tenor.gif?itemid=9519446

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

People are actually speculating that Snyder would rather sell the team and have that person change the name than back down on his "never ever" stance and change it himself.

To which I say:

tenor.gif?itemid=9519446

Not a good week for people named Dan. Dan Snyder refusing to change a name which has been under fire for over a decade now, Dan Crenshaw pushing more and more conspiracy theories about Covid on TV and Dan Patrick asking us to sacrifice grandma for the economy.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

Not a good week for people named Dan. Dan Snyder refusing to change a name which has been under fire for over a decade now, Dan Crenshaw pushing more and more conspiracy theories about Covid on TV and Dan Patrick asking us to sacrifice grandma for the economy.

There is another. 

Spoiler

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

To which I say:

tenor.gif?itemid=9519446

590-Dominos_Falling_Down_In_A_Row.jpg?au

===

Verified this myself just now.  Able to get swag for every NFL team on nike.com except for the NFL team in Washington.

Might have something to do with this:

Doubt the timing is all that coincidental. 

27 minutes ago, Porthos said:

590-Dominos_Falling_Down_In_A_Row.jpg?au

===

Verified this myself just now.  Able to get swag for every NFL team on nike.com except for the NFL team in Washington.

Might have something to do with this:

Doubt the timing is all that coincidental. 

So they can get all this effort to change a team name but not pressure a company to stop using child labour in third world countries or stealing water from local water tables. 

Odd how the corporate world works with its 'ethics' 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1