Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 hours ago, DAJK said:

I'm actually so fucking pissed right now and I don't know if it's worth complaining about at work..

So like 10 months ago when I first found out there was a Disaster Artist movie coming out, I called dibs on the poster. I put my name down on the staff poster request form because I knew eventually there would be a poster. Not only that, but nobody has talked about that movie more than me, and I've even been super annoying to the point of "oh... and that poster is MINE" 

Well today the theatre got its shipment of new posters in, and the Disaster Artist was one of them. I'm all hyped, and one of the junior supervisors texts me and says "too bad, I'm taking it home tonight. We aren't getting the movie. Supervisor previlage. Next time Dyl."

LIKE FUCK THAT SHIT. I HAD TOTAL DIBS FOR MONTHS ON THAT ONE! EVERYONE FUCKING KNEW IT, I PUT MY NAME DOWN BEFORE ANYONE ELSE AT THE THEATRE KNEW THE MOVIE EXISTED. LIKE WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT OF HAVING A POSTER REQUEST FORM IF IT DOESNT MATTER WHETHER YOU PUT YOUR NAME DOWN FIRST CAUSE IF SOMEONE ELSE WANTS IT YOURE FUCKED. LIKE NUH UH.

So basically, is that worth complaining about to management :lol: like I know it seems super petty but it really just pisses me off.

It is unfortunate but I do not think management would care.  I would talk to the supervisor if you guys get a second poster that if you can get it. 

2 hours ago, La Binoche said:

Lmao @ the dislikes and comments dragging her through the mud. What an insufferable ****. 

lmao, the comments people are so terrible. They act like actors own them something.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 3

Eyes Wide Shut is pretty much a story of how one man learned to stop worrying and feel the magic of Christmas again, and if that doesn't put you in the mood for the holiday I don't know what does. Not to mention its final line is always and forever the best cinematic advice about what we should do both during Christmas and at all times really

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Welcome to June 2018, cause that's what the World Cup itself is going to be. And it won't be just 30 minutes.

I AM ROLLING IN THE FLOOR RIGHT NOW LAUGHING

julen-m.jpg

Carlos_Queiroz.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

I AM ROLLING IN THE FLOOR RIGHT NOW LAUGHING

julen-m.jpg

Carlos_Queiroz.jpg

Wow, talk about family reunion - being drafted to a group featuring our scoundrel neighbors, a team led by a former Porto coach (a flopped one), and a team led by Carlos Queiroz :hahaha:

Seriously.... doesn't even sound like a difficult group. Spain is a shell of its former self, and Iran and Morocco.... they may be sneaky, but c'mon, on paper we should beat them handily.

But then again, this is Portugal we're talking about. They managed to come in #3 behind Iceland and Hungary, so I'm not surprised at anything by this point :whosad: 

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Wow, talk about family reunion - being drafted to a group featuring our scoundrel neighbors, a team led by a former Porto coach (a flopped one), and a team led by Carlos Queiroz :hahaha:

Seriously.... doesn't even sound like a difficult group. Spain is a shell of its former self, and Iran and Morocco.... they may be sneaky, but c'mon, on paper we should beat them handily.

But then again, this is Portugal we're talking about. They managed to come in #3 behind Iceland and Hungary, so I'm not surprised at anything by this point :whosad: 

I still can't believe we are gonna face Lopetegui and Queiroz. The press conferences are gonna be legendary :hahaha:

We should pass, even assuming a loss against Spain.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

You couldn't even beat the weak sauce US in a friendly. :sparta:

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

You couldn't even beat the weak sauce US in a friendly. :sparta:

Ehh, I don't think they were even trying anyway. Portugal is a lazy team by nature, and a stakeless friendly game against the US hardly sounds like something they will stretch out to win. And it was the bench squad, after all (well, not all of it, but at least some).

Still, the A-team did struggle to tie against the US on the 2014 World Cup, which is depressing....... that's why I say I should never get cocky talking about our team. And then when I get depressively pessimistic, they beat teams like France and Argentina. Incredible.

15 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I still can't believe we are gonna face Lopetegui and Queiroz. The press conferences are gonna be legendary :hahaha:

We should pass, even assuming a loss against Spain.

I mean.... if we don't pass, that's actually just the pits.

ALTHOUGH, Iran and Morocco were among the highest seeded 3rd and 4th pot teams, so... again, they might be sneaky. Still, COME THE FUCK ON if we don't go through. Same for Spain.

22 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Ehh, I don't think they were even trying anyway. Portugal is a lazy team by nature, and a stakeless friendly game against the US hardly sounds like something they will stretch out to win. And it was the bench squad, after all (well, not all of it, but at least some).

Still, the A-team did struggle to tie against the US on the 2014 World Cup, which is depressing....... that's why I say I should never get cocky talking about our team. And then when I get depressively pessimistic, they beat teams like France and Argentina. Incredible.

I mean.... if we don't pass, that's actually just the pits.

ALTHOUGH, Iran and Morocco were among the highest seeded 3rd and 4th pot teams, so... again, they might be sneaky. Still, COME THE FUCK ON if we don't go through. Same for Spain.

A Portugal vs Argentina final is a possibility. I would love to see the 2 best players in the world face each other, Messi vs Eder.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1