Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Sooooo now UVIC offers a BSc in Anthropology... so I think I might go for that unless something else comes up before I register for my courses for next year. There's also enough electives for me to maybe minor in something else I might find interesting, or just go around trying a bunch of things. Could try the non-physics based astronomy courses, or take some Greek/Roman history credits if they seem interesting

• Like 1

I working with recruiting people for an organization.  Once we accepted the applicants we had a training session for the job, and offered a makeup session for the people who couldn’t attend.  We also sent out emails well in advance to the people who didn’t show up that the makeup session was available, the training was mandatory to have the role and to let us know if there was a conflict.

Three people never got back, so we sent them a typically written “thanks but no thanks” email.  It was my job to be the news sender.

I get an email back from one of these people saying “sorry your stuff poorly planned, I need a month’s advance for any date you give me and hope your better organized next time.”  This person had the nerve, especially when these dates were on the application.  They applied, interviewed knowing the dates they were applying for, never mentioned anything about them, never responded when we said to tell us if you have a conflict and still thought the issue was our poor planning.  Wow, lol. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

I working with recruiting people for an organization.  Once we accepted the applicants we had a training session for the job, and offered a makeup session for the people who couldn’t attend.  We also sent out emails well in advance to the people who didn’t show up that the makeup session was available, the training was mandatory to have the role and to let us know if there was a conflict.

Three people never got back, so we sent them a typically written “thanks but no thanks” email.  It was my job to be the news sender.

I get an email back from one of these people saying “sorry your stuff poorly planned, I need a month’s advance for any date you give me and hope your better organized next time.”  This person had the nerve, especially when these dates were on the application.  They applied, interviewed knowing the dates they were applying for, never mentioned anything about them, never responded when we said to tell us if you have a conflict and still thought the issue was our poor planning.  Wow, lol. 

Dealing with the public. It's the worst... but also unintentionally hilarious

• Like 1

I had an email a few weeks ago from someone making a warranty claim on one of our products. We had sold the item to a promotional company who were buying it on behalf of a third company. The promotional company then had it printed with the third company’s logo and gave the item to the third company. 

It was part of a bulk order and this third company gave it to their employees as a reward. So the person who ultimately received this item got it for free. This person or someone else then put the item on eBay in a private sale for $50 (brand new retail would be about $80-90). Finally, the person who bought it had a minor issue soon after buying it off some random on eBay. Instead of going back to the eBay seller they contacted us and were very insistent we should swap it over. 

Stupid people. 

• Like 1

• Community Manager
22 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Spent the whole day answering questions...

Is Infinity war doing well?

I have never been subpeoned before. Did they give you cookies for participating? 

• Like 1

• Community Manager
18 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Yeah it's fine.

Now back to the bank... How's that going?

The real question is: was the opposing lawyer hot and if so did they seal the deal?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Water Bottle said:

I have never been subpeoned before. Did they give you cookies for participating? 

Unfortunately not.

All partners got subpoenaed and I voluntarily gave up my trading license until its all resolved. 

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Unfortunately not.

All partners got subpoenaed and I voluntarily gave up my trading license until its all resolved. 

Well at least you just bought a bank that's losing money after putting your wealth in a trust.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1