Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

Mamma Mia is a really embarrassing movie.

I guess it's right up TOG's alley then.

People describe it as if famous people are doing horrible karaoke or whatever and Pierce Brosnan sings bad and all that does is make me more excited to watch it

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

People describe it as if famous people are doing horrible karaoke or whatever and Pierce Brosnan sings bad and all that does is make me more excited to watch it

It’s like the Emoji Movie. It’s not so bad it’s good, it’s just miserable and boring. I beg you please do not do this to yourself.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

7 hours ago, Blankments said:

I WROTE THIS FOR CAYOM.

Directed by Lord/Miller with an ensemble cast of Tilda Swinton, Chris Pratt, Jonah Hill and Dave Franco!!

We got something in common. Mine has Michelle Pfeiffer, The Rock and Jake T. Austin.

Spoiler

However mine is drastically different. Going to use the old draft of TENG and make Kingdom of The Sun

Paul Rudd voice cameo on the season finale of iZombie.

"Is that Paul Rudd narrating?"

"Yeah, sounds like it"

"Paul Rudd, that's a good get."

:lol:

This season has been a bit mixed at times but they really know how to wrap things up in the season finale's.

@CoolioD1 @Chewy @aabattery

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Too late.  Already made up my mind.  Nothing will make me change it

If you wanna see bad, shocking, and poorly made entertainment may I recommend “TipToes”?

It’s a 2003 movie where Kate Beckinsale is shocked to discover that her fiancé, Matthew Macconaghey, comes from a family made entirely of dwarves. One of them is played by Gary Oldman, as a character the trailer claims is “the role of a lifetime”. Peter Dinklage is here too because of course he is.

18 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Oh yeah BATB...

Still OMFG. I bet in today's climate it's adjusting to +$800m. Veryyy impressive, didn't know it was THAT big.

Guess we'll find out how it performs in today's climate in a couple of months.

• Like 1

Mamma Mia really appealed to a certain segment of the population that grew up on the music. And it was based on a Broadway smash. And it had Meryl coming off of The Devil Wears Prada. In retrospect, it makes total sense that it was big all over the world.

The sequel was most likely made just for overseas audiences so it wouldn't be surprising if they made up an even bigger piece of the pie this time around.

11 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Mamma Mia's success begins and ends with Abba. Literally everyone loves Abba - there's not one person who doesn't in the whole world.

Abba recorded PYT? Smooth Criminal? Billie Jean? Wanna be Startin Something? Bad?

40 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Mamma Mia really appealed to a certain segment of the population that grew up on the music. And it was based on a Broadway smash. And it had Meryl coming off of The Devil Wears Prada. In retrospect, it makes total sense that it was big all over the world.

The sequel was most likely made just for overseas audiences so it wouldn't be surprising if they made up an even bigger piece of the pie this time around.

Yep all you say make sense but it is also pretty clear that the movie was a smash with audiences and to be honest it's such a fun movie that I see exactly why.

As a person that has seen less than 10% of the movies than most of the people here, it is pretty easy to see how much more difficult the people over here are to please than a normal person. The things that are discussed over here, most people don't even notice while watching a film.

So yeah Mamma Mia may be faarrr from flawless but it's a glamourous fun musical with catchy songs so that's all that matters to most people.