Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 hours ago, AJG said:

2. She has the undisputed song of the summer

Yeahhh...actually it is disputed. That song isn't top 5 in the US or WW. I personally haven't heard it yet when I go out. If going by the charts and streams, then my wife actually has the song of the summer right now:

OK has been steamrolling the charts WW, especially in Europe. OK is even beating out I Like It in Mexico, even though the song is like 80% spanish. Been #1 in the UK for 8 weeks now too. The US just needs to get on board and Dua will be at full power to end us all.

• Like 1

I just saw Ibiza, it's a Netflix movie. I saw it because I like Gillian Jacobs but the movie sucks so much. The only comedic aspect of the movie is that it has no plot whatsoever. Now, Netflix has made some great tv series but their movies are atrocious. I saw a couple of Adam Devine movies as well (one because of Daddario) but those were horrific too. Those can cure insomnia, so see it if you have that kind of problem. Netflix really needs to hire better film-makers otherwise what's the point of making one bad movie after another. People may not even bother after sometime.

Edited by oMeriMombatti

20 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Was getting Five Guys from the airport.  Someone’s order number was 69 so I immediately said “nice.”  Me and the guy whose order it was then spontaneously burst into laughter

Hamburgers the cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAR said:

Hamburgers the cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast 

They are good and I woke up at 4:30 (to go to fucking Florida of all places) after having a migraine last night let me enjoy my comfort food

Edited by That One Guy

19 minutes ago, mathemetrics said:

did anyone here go see My Little Pony by themselves during a weekday afternoon matinee just to fuck off?

I saw it opening weekend....after buying a ticket to Ninjago and ducking out because I was not about to put up with a rowdy crowd. 

5 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I saw it opening weekend....after buying a ticket to Ninjago and ducking out because I was not about to put up with a rowdy crowd. 

yeah there might have been a lot of people dancing in the front rows during Ninjago.  Tried to watch Ninjago on website, but never finished it.

Don't miss the Microsoft conference where the new games from CD Projekt (The Witcher 3), From Software (Dark Souls/Bloodborne) and Rocksteady (Batman Arkham) will be revealed. Discuss it live here:

well this weekend I got to eat the edible cookie dough from a place called Dough Life.  It was good.

also, today I broke down finally and got a new phone.  I went from the samsung s5 to the s9 plus.  I guess it was just time to get it done

Watched Broadway Melody of 1938. These non-canonical old musicals could be good fun when the people behind them tied together the musical numbers with the right amount of cheerful nonsense, and this is one of the better ones I've seen. A horse trainer is the greatest tap dancer in the world. There's a five-minute lecture about the types of human sneezes that exists entirely for the sake of a one-second punchline. A guy singing a song from The Barber of Seville has such an effect on a horse that it wins a race after starting out last. Judy Garland keeps a scrapbook full of Clark Gable photos under her blanket and sings the song she sang for him on his real-life birthday party, which has nothing to do with anything here but hey supposedly this was what finally made her a star. 

But most importantly Eleanor Powell gotta be the most astonishing dancer I've ever seen in movies. Jaw-dropping.

• Like 2