Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

21 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Between the time when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of.

So begins one of the greatest, if not the greatest, fantasy action adventures of all time... Crom laughs at your pathetic Lord of the Rings movies.

Can't wait to hear the lamentation of the women

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Between the time when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of.

So begins one of the greatest, if not the greatest, fantasy action adventures of all time... Crom laughs at your pathetic Lord of the Rings movies.

the 2011 remake is better

• ...wtf 1

On 6/18/2018 at 11:29 AM, WrathOfHan said:

If you bring a baby into an R rated horror movie, you are the scum of the earth. I just had to walk out of Hereditary because the theater wouldn't eject two parents who kept talking and coddling their baby. This is bullshit.

Happens all the time where I live: go to any R-rated movie that isn't an art film during the weekend and there will be at least one family with at least one child under the age of 6. There were actually four such kiddos at my screening of Upgrade last weekend.

• Sad 1

Just now, Webslinger said:

Happens all the time where I live: go to any R-rated movie that isn't an art film during the weekend and there will be at least one family with at least one child under the age of 6. There were actually four such kiddos at my screening of Upgrade last weekend.

Goddamn. US theaters need to be a lot stricter with this stuff.

So I was checking out the my local theater’s showings for this weekend.  I noticed they intended to drop Avengers: Infinity War on Friday. AND something else caught my eye. They were playing Back To The Future! Favorite Movie Ever! And It Is my birthday this weekend, so that was clearly the party. 

Yet, I noticed something strange. It was playing five times. Normally special screenings are only once. I checked another date - showing five times. Waaah?

I call the theater. The girl answering says: they are NOT playing it this weekend. Okay. So. I think. And then I ask:  Are you playing Avengers: Infinity War this week?  She replied yes. And Iaughed and replied:

I think you entered that in wrong. It shows you aren’t playing AIW and ARE playing BTTF for a week. 

She thanked me, and apologized, and I was like nah, it’s fine. But if you want to put it on your monthly Cult Classics that would be very cool. She said she’d pass it on, so 🤞🤞

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Goddamn. US theaters need to be a lot stricter with this stuff.

There's not a whole lot they could do when the language of the MPAA states that anyone under 17 accompanied by an adult can get into an R-rated movie. It's horrible parenting to bring an elementary school-aged kid to an ultra-violent R-rated film, yeah, but calling out that horrible parenting isn't going to sway most adults who figure that it's okay to bring their tiny children to adult-oriented fare.

33 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

There's not a whole lot they could do when the language of the MPAA states that anyone under 17 accompanied by an adult can get into an R-rated movie

From what I understand MPAA is a institute made by the main 6 studio that as nothing to do with the state or law and cannot say anything to anyone in what they decide to do, it is all decision made by actual theater.

Movie theater can do absolutely what they want regarding movies relative to MPAA, they can let child see R-rated movie unaccompanied if they want (some movie theater loudly publicly did when the MPAA did put an R-rating on Micheal Moore documentary for example), they can show unrated movie if they want and have their own age policy.

Regal for example has a no child under 6 into R-rated movie:

https://www.regmovies.com/help/entry/age-policy

No children 6 and under are allowed into a "R" rated movie.

do staff want to and enforce those ? That is a different story.

The Beyoncé and Jay-Z team-up album is expected to debut with 52% less than his last solo album and 81% less than Lemonade, her last solo album. It's also battling with boyband 5 Seconds Of Summer for number 1.

This is the Justice League film of the music industry.

It's easy to see why this happened. The Carters have relied more on gimmicks than quality to sell albums. It's been almost a decade since they produced a real hit song.

• Like 1

Just now, Napoleon said:

The Beyoncé and Jay-Z team-up album is expected to debut with 52% less than his last solo album and 81% less than Lemonade, her last solo album. It's also battling with boyband 5 Seconds Of Summer for number 1.

This is the Justice League film of the music industry.

It's easy to see why this happened. The Carters have relied more on gimmicks than quality to sell albums. It's been almost a decade since they produced a real hit song.

This is because they bought Apeshit from Migos and Pharrell. @La Binoche was onto something there :thinking: