Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

About an hour ago.

It's official now, both Senate and House approved. The rest are just formalities (approval of governor general who is just a ceremonial figure for the Queen)

Damn that's gonna be weird! To think I grew up in an environment where it was illegal and frowned upon, and now anyone major will be able to purchase cannabis and do whatever the heck they want with it. 

One of my friends is already in litigation with his building because some people want pot to be banned building-wise (including your own apartment) and some don't :rofl:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

About an hour ago.

It's official now, both Senate and House approved. The rest are just formalities (approval of governor general who is just a ceremonial figure for the Queen)

Damn that's gonna be weird! To think I grew up in an environment where it was illegal and frowned upon, and now anyone major will be able to purchase cannabis and do whatever the heck they want with it. 

One of my friends is already in litigation with his building because some people want pot to be banned building-wise (including your own apartment) and some don't :rofl:

Benicio Del Toro & Josh Brolin will be soon out of job.

Good.

Edited by The Futurist

So the young actress that played Beverly in It will be played by Jessica Chastain in the sequel.  She’s playing a younger version of Amy Adams in Sharp Objects.  Now she just needs to play a younger version of Bryce Dallas Howard to complete the trifecta 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

watched set it up. enjoyed it, cute film. looking forward to glen powell winning an oscar for it.

almost starred Emilia Clarke haha

• Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Benicio Del Toro & Josh Brolin will be soon out of job.

Good.

How much of the drug cartel business model rely on something like pot too ?

http://www.latimes.com/world/mexico-americas/la-fg-mexico-marijuana-20180127-story.html

"Avocados are a bigger industry than marijuana," said security expert Alejandro Hope. "And the number of homicides connected to marijuana are very small."

"It is naive to believe that legalizing marijuana will reduce crime rates," tweeted Margarita Zavala, a presidential candidate.

Apparently 15-25%

If you do not legalize and sell hard drug at the store and face those consequence that an use augmentation could have, illegal market for them will have good days ahead.

Beanball wars AND the "fans" who try to justify them are one of the things I really dislike about the sport of baseball.

Just play the fucking game and leave this childish shit out of it.

(also Bochy had the gall to act indigent after Posey was hit.  Maybe next time don't start a beanball war if you don't like the direction it might take) 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

Maybe because of the Canadian Hockey Honor culture being so prevalent in Canada, but the honor code part of sport is overall a nice part of them and seem to be trivial to have them. It is even a bit strange to watch sports were it seem to be completely absent like Basketball.

28 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Maybe because of the Canadian Hockey Honor culture being so prevalent in Canada, but the honor code part of sport is overall a nice part of them and seem to be trivial to have them. It is even a bit strange to watch sports were it seem to be completely absent like Basketball.

Oh, "retaliatory fouls" are there in basketball, just not the same degree.

Thing is, if pitchers could always hit their target with  pinpoint accuracy and if batters never moved to get out of the way... Well I'd still think giving up a free ninety feet is stupid, but I wouldn't be as opposed to it as I am.

But pitchers and batters don't have that control. A baseball that "harmlessly" bounces off a players tushie can instead hit them in the groin if the pitcher is a little off.  A ball aimed for the ribs might actually crack them if things go wrong.  Pitch at the shoulder?  Could hit the player's head if the control slips just a little bit.  or break a batter's wrist.

And this sets aside the batter reacting in such a way that he gets hit in a more delicate area that was aimed for,

And even setting that all aside, beanball wars need both sides to decide enough flesh has been paid.  

Player A chirps a little too much for Team B's liking, so Team B throws at Player A.

Team A says "WTF what did we do?" and throws at Player C.

Team B says "What the hell are you throwing at him for, we were the ones who were wronged first.  Just for that, we're buzzing Player D's head."

Team A starts a benches clearing brawl, with everyone blaming everyone else.

All fun and games until folks get injured in said brawl.  Which happens far too often.

So, sure, if baseball players could "drop the gloves" and work out their tensions, fine. 

I mean, I won't be coy and say I don't enjoy a good donnybrook.  I absolutely do.  But the potential for injury is too much for me to really want to see it.  I'd rather folks just get their revenge by slamming a home run (and pimping the hell out of it), or striking someone out on a Bugs Bunny curve ball and celebrating it like it was Lima Time.

====

Slightly shorter:  I enjoy a good brawl,  Doesn't mean I want to see my team actually trying to provoke it though.

Edited by Porthos

2 hours ago, DAR said:

So the young actress that played Beverly in It will be played by Jessica Chastain in the sequel.  She’s playing a younger version of Amy Adams in Sharp Objects.  Now she just needs to play a younger version of Bryce Dallas Howard to complete the trifecta 

Too bad Amazing Amy isn't naturally a redhead.

Also too bad Emma Stone isn't naturally a redhead or I'd say cast her as the young Stone Age in something to complete the trifecta of playing young versions of the redheaded The Help stars.

I’m still in Vegas and I saw this Ad on TV and I’m wondering... what is this? How is this happening? How is this legal?

This man has an advert running on BET and he’s trying to give away PACKETS of water!!!!

I don’t know what to say. I have never seen an advert on TV so abdurd. We don’t have stuff like this on TV in the UK. Is just anything allowed to be sold on TV here? How is this man legally allowed to do this? How does he obtain the necessary permissions to collect, package, and give away Spring Water?