Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

all the Fox stuff will probably be ironed out by the time the streaming service hits but lol if they have to call the show WANDA

The title can be "A Witch Called Wanda" :Gaga:

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Whenever news of movies going to streaming comes up, I wonder what happened to Lionsgate’s ambitious plans for continuing Divergent on TV. That was one ill fated series.

Allegiant was so bad and flopped so badly that they probably correctly figured nobody would care.

8 hours ago, AJG said:

Biggest problem is the animation. It looks great but when things start to move it looks crazy. It’s so jagged. It’s like a horrifically low frame rate on a beautiful looking VideoGame.

That’s the problem I have with what I call ’3D anime’ and shows in that vain. They try to emulate the movement of traditional animation but since CG is inherently smooth it just comes across like a video game cutscene that has serious frame rate issues. It’s often very distracting.

Edited by cookie

21 minutes ago, AJG said:

I would be way more onboard if it wasn’t for the wired controllers, lack of thumbsticks, and the dish tray that has no  function 

Given that it's a similar concept to the NES/SNES Minis I don't mind the disk tray being only for aesthetics.

The lack of thumbsticks is a major oof though.

Never watched A:TLA or Korra so I have no opinion on the merits of making a live action show.

But it's certainly possible that the word Avatar would feature in the title and I doubt there's concern over possible confusion with a substantially different property that was second to the post namewise.

38 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Never watched A:TLA or Korra so I have no opinion on the merits of making a live action show.

But it's certainly possible that the word Avatar would feature in the title and I doubt there's concern over possible confusion with a substantially different property that was second to the post namewise.

Name any amount of money in the world. I will match it if you think that's even a possibility. They will not use that word. 

• Community Manager
7 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

10 grand says they don't use the word "Avatar" in the title. Come on Water Bottle - put some of that Big Bucks BOT Staff make where your mouth is. :jeb!:

I didn't say you were right or wrong. I also don't really care what they call the show. I simply asked why they wouldn't use the same name as the cartoon. I see no reason why they can't.

• Like 1