Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Maniac was good.

A lot of the reactions calling it a “mindfuck”, “deep”, “confusing (in a good way)”, come from morons overdoing it. The show is pretty straight-forward. It’s not Westworld or Metal Gear Solid, everything makes sense. There’s a lot of clues and shit that could be picked up during a rewatch but even if you don’t rewatch it you’ll have a pretty full experience.

The show is also put together as if it’s a long movie, episodes bleed into the next episode seamlessly which is kinda cool I guess.

4 hours ago, TOG said:

I'm finishing up the 2008 countdown because Ethan won't then I'm out of [here] <mod edit> for good

Do what you need to do, just remember you can always keep a passive presence or show up when you like.

You’re a valuable member and it’s good to have you around!

I’m pretty angry.

At my university, somebody hung a noose from a letter N and tied it to hang over the desk of one of our black faculty members.

The person who did it hasn’t been fired, has no charges pressed against them and was only said that “they’ll be talked to at an HR event.”  Overall, the campus hasn’t even publically condemned it, they’re just trying to hide that it happened.

It’s showing terrible leadership on the university’s behalf in how they’re dealing with a hate crime, and what could be seen as a racially driven threat to a faculty member.  Awful.

• ...wtf 4

8 minutes ago, PANDA said:

I’m pretty angry.

At my university, somebody hung a noose from a letter N and tied it to hang over the desk of one of our black faculty members.

The person who did it hasn’t been fired, has no charges pressed against them and was only said that “they’ll be talked to at an HR event.”  Overall, the campus hasn’t even publically condemned it, they’re just trying to hide that it happened.

It’s showing terrible leadership on the university’s behalf in how they’re dealing with a hate crime, and what could be seen as a racially driven threat to a faculty member.  Awful.

What the fuck, they work there? 

That's the only surprising part about this story. Normally it's some stupid undergrad, but an actual faculty member! 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, PANDA said:

I’m pretty angry.

Even for someone with a tenure, that is quite something.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, dXairdryZid said:

If you do not work for Disney, here is one of the positives.....    "meow..... HISS!!!"

watched To the Bone on Netflix last night.  (Keanu Reeves plays the doctor)

If there is a film, this is the one... that shows how stubborn one can get when living in their own world by their own rules with their own direction.  

There is no breaking through, and if you piss them off, they get up and relapse harder.  It seems the only thing you can do is be very kind and patient and become a doormat basically.  

ToTheBonePoster.jpg

Edited by dXairdryZid

The top 12 had to weeks to vote to get the top 5.

For Best Picture, 50 Shades Freed made it in over Solo.  

Yes, Solo was one of the 7 eliminated to make best picture,

but 50 Shades Freed was voted in.  Congratulations!

https://www.eonline.com/shows/peoples_choice_awards/news/967279/2018-people-s-choice-awards-complete-list-of-finalists

also, Annihilation and Portman did not make it in past the nomination voting window for anything.

I thought that kind of sucked for the 3-4 categories it was in.  

I don't think they counted them right in the drama categories, 50 Shades and Midnight Sun must have got a power vote.

Edited by dXairdryZid

2 hours ago, PANDA said:

I’m pretty angry.

That's so screwed up. I assume it's only a matter of time before the "free speech" defense comes up, no?

• Like 1

Turns out the theatre next to me isn't playing Night School this week, just Smallfoot for the openers. Was kinda hoping I could do a double feature on Tuesday so see 2 movies for the price of 1. The theatre that's playing both is about 40 minutes away so that would be too late coming back at night for a Wednesday morning class.