Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

19 minutes ago, TMP said:

Rewatching the first season of Daredevil and I forgot that it was actually pretty damn good. I hated The Defenders/all the ninja shit in season 2, so I hope season 3 is more like this.

Reviews say it is more like season 1 but I think critics only get to review the first 6 episodes of these shows. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

Finally got a Blu-Ray copy of The Prince of Egypt. It's one of those elusive films that I couldnt find on BR for years. I am freaking out about this thing.

Pretty sure it only got a Blu-Ray edition this year, because I remember some animation peeps I follow on Twitter geeking out over it.

So I actually watched the Notebook last night (on kind of a Gosling train after First Man) and while there were sooo many poor directing choices, the ending really got me.

My grandfather is suffering from dementia right now and it continues to worsen. My grandmother lives in a seniors home right next to him so she can visit him every day, and for the most part he lights up when he sees her. But there have been times where he doesn't recognize her, and times where he doesn't remember my mom or his other daughters, and it must be so hard for them, especially my grandma. And so the last 10 minutes of the movie really made me think of her and her struggles.

Gosling was ok I guess. Gonna stick to his work with Chazelle though :lol: 

• Sad 1

I'm reading Lawrence Levy's Pixar autobiography, and noticed something when he described a contract Pixar made with Disney in 97. It said that Pixar would have creative control over any film that was directed by Lasseter, or any director "who directed or co-directed a film that grossed over 100 million domestic" and in any other case, Disney and Pixar would have joint control.

So... how would fudging work in a scenario like this? Obviously the book doesn't go into this, but I'm just curious as to what people might think.

10 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Last night at Halloween Horror Nights a scareactor pointed at me and said "This guy is angsty and scared, I like it." Really hit the nail on the head there,

Where was this? :hahaha: 

I was actually going to go last night, but things got in the way. Imagine if we ran into each other :ohmygod: