Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I just saw a billboard that had character models from Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse. A costumed Peter Parker lays his hand on a costumed Miles Morales' shoulder against the backdrop of New York City. The caption, written in a chalk-like font, reads:

"Everything you say and do has an impact."

3 hours ago, DAR said:

I’ve read some of Spielberg’s views on Netflix.  I can certainly see his points, but this is the way the movie is experience is heading 

What is idiotic is people on social media suddenly suggesting he was never a great filmmaker.

i mean, TV movies aren't eligible for the oscars. I say good for him for acting on something he believes strongly in.

32 minutes ago, Avatree said:

do I watch serenity now that its available to stream, or not. it sounds so bonkers.

25 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I mean if you liked Firefly why not?

Every time I read about the actual Serenity movie I think its about the Firefly related version :circles: (that combi I :wub:)

Serenity (2005) is awesome in a good way.

Serenity (2019) is awesome in a hilariously bad way.

One can have a good time with both. But the enjoyment factor of the latter can be heavily upgraded with alcohol.

• Astonished 1

I'm late to the party on this one because we just got it last week, but They Shall Not Grow Old is freaking astonishing. Even having seen the explanatory mini-documentary after the credits, I still have no idea how Peter Jackson pulled off something of that magnitude so smoothly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DAR said:

I’ve read some of Spielberg’s views on Netflix.  I can certainly see his points, but this is the way the movie is experience is heading 

What is idiotic is people on social media suddenly suggesting he was never a great filmmaker.

Yeah, I’m definitely opposed to his little anti-Netflix crusade and I’m worried his name will be big enough to have sway.

But that won’t change the fact he’s made some of my favorite films and I respect him as a filmmaker.  I just think his recent outburst is dumb.

1 hour ago, DAR said:

Out of all the celebrities who died young (yes I know he was 43 shut up), Candy's is still one of the hardest ones for me. His comedic timing was like none other, and he could even bring in some sympathy and drama when needed.

• Like 1

I guess one of the perks of Netflix is that when it comes to indie awards players and acclaimed movies that start in platform release they are available right away instead of having to wait for them to expand (although I live in an area that usually gets those kinds of movies within two weeks after they launch so it's not a big deal for me either way). Still would be nice to have the option to see them in theaters though. I didn't get around to seeing Roma on the big screen because it was 1) only playing at the iPic which is too expensive for someone who is a frequent moviegoer like me and 2) only there for a week because it was a Netflix title available for streaming. I assume what they're working out with The Irishman will delay its streaming release and allow for broader for theatrical visibility for those who want to see it that way (which is how Scorsese wants us to see it anyway).

27 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Out of all the celebrities who died young (yes I know he was 43 shut up), Candy's is still one of the hardest ones for me. His comedic timing was like none other, and he could even bring in some sympathy and drama when needed.

43 is not old. Believe me I know this

• Haha 3