Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

29 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Good on Costner. Had no idea he wasn't getting profits from Open Range, given that it seemed to play on basic cable all the time, that's where I first saw it. Unfortunately this crap is all too common in the industry. 

• Like 1

Watched the first two episodes of The Politician tonight. Gonna wait until I'm done with the remaining six for full judgement but man is this thing tonally off so far. It's like Ryan Murphy wants to indulge in his campy satire but is also aware that he's now associated with classy, quality productions and wants to create something more meaningful in the process, leaving obvious attempts at real sincerity being undermined. Hate to break it to ya @captainwondyful! Ben Platt is definitely a future star though.

20 hours ago, filmlover said:

Hate to break it to ya @captainwondyful

I apparently didn't catch this until now.  I am starting tonight.  I had my mom's Class Reunion tonight, so I had to help her out yesterday and today.  I have heard mixed things.  But my friend is like, "there is shit here you're gonna love for the LOL" so I'm still kind of hopeful. 

On 9/27/2019 at 10:13 PM, filmlover said:

Watched the first two episodes of The Politician tonight. Gonna wait until I'm done with the remaining six for full judgement but man is this thing tonally off so far. It's like Ryan Murphy wants to indulge in his campy satire but is also aware that he's now associated with classy, quality productions and wants to create something more meaningful in the process, leaving obvious attempts at real sincerity being undermined. Hate to break it to ya @captainwondyful! Ben Platt is definitely a future star though.

Okay I just finished the first episode and I love how no one on the show feels real. Every time Ben Platt has a breakdown I just die in hysterics. And I love how Gwyneth Paltrow is acting like she did a completely different show. It’s a hot mess. It’s Ryan Murphy without limitations and without an editor.  I am LIVING. What glorious gay trash. 

Just now, captainwondyful said:

Okay I just finished the first episode and I love how no one on the show feels real. Every time Ben Platt has a breakdown I just die in hysterics. And I love how Gwyneth Paltrow is acting like she did a completely different show. It’s a hot mess. It’s Ryan Murphy without limitations and without an editor.  I am LIVING. What glorious gay trash. 

I'm up to episode five now. Been a long time since I've been so completely baffled by a show, movie, anything. Everyone on here should watch it just cause it's so ridiculous you have to watch it to believe it's real tbh. It's a total disaster, but I can't stop watching. There's no consistency tone wise at all. We have Zoey Deutch playing Not Gypsy Rose, yet along with that we have Jessica Lange acting her fucking heart out as her grandmother like she's in a Tennessee Williams production or something. And then there's the absurdity of the fact that Platt, Lucy Boynton, and the others are supposed to be playing high schoolers. Some of these "teens" are even in their 30s!

I will say I liked the latest episode I watched (#5) the most just because of the perspective change:

Spoiler

it follows a random boy/potential voter whose only goals in life are to masturbate, play violent games, and check out girls, and thinks voting is unimportant. :rofl:

• Haha 1