Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, Cap said:

Why he gotta call them a bad dog?  Other than than, Amazing.

British Sportscasters are a vicious breed who call the action without pity. :sadno:

===

All an act for TV though.  When the camera is off, they're really softies. :lol:

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess my new COVID quarantine viewing is to slowly go through the MCU movies on D+. Over the past two nights I watched Iron Man and Iron Man 2. (Is IH streaming anywhere? I could probably go back to it.)

It's been years since I saw either, so it was neat to see them again. The first film still clicks along really well. Djawadi's score has several moments that sound a lot like Game of Thrones. 

IM2 is a more fun than I remembered, but it's still overstuffed and a bit directionless. The number of things that felt extraneous to the film itself is pretty wide. Still, fun.

• Like 1

@MCKillswitch123 It is pretty obvious at this point that emergency state will last until mid May. It is also safe to say TVI and SIC will run out of soaps unless they get smart like not airing on Friday and Saturday nights, add flackbacks and stock footage, and make the first 15 minutes of the new episode the last 15 minutes of the previous episode.

We are also all gonna die, but that is for another day.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

She was fantastic in Dark Phoenix and I would love if Disney let the young cast continue instead of yet another recast. They won't be able to find a better actress to play Jean Grey.

Don't know if ur being sarcastic? 'Cause she's a pretty terrible actor.

2 hours ago, ElsaRoc said:

I guess my new COVID quarantine viewing is to slowly go through the MCU movies on D+. Over the past two nights I watched Iron Man and Iron Man 2. (Is IH streaming anywhere? I could probably go back to it.)

It's been years since I saw either, so it was neat to see them again. The first film still clicks along really well. Djawadi's score has several moments that sound a lot like Game of Thrones. 

IM2 is a more fun than I remembered, but it's still overstuffed and a bit directionless. The number of things that felt extraneous to the film itself is pretty wide. Still, fun.

I'm catching up on 2019 movies...yesterday, the fam and I watched SLOP 2 (otherwise known as Secret Life of Pets 2, but the acronym might totally apply:)...they all complained about it being, and I quote "3 direct-to-tv Dreamworks shorts mushed together" (I told them it wasn't Dreamworks - they didn't care)...so, yeah, I totally see why this one legged the way it did...none of my kids would have recommended it.

I thought it was fine...not good, not bad, but fine:)...no surprises, workmanlike, less funny than the original, but it did tell a more coherent story, even if in 3 separate parts...

Edited by TwoMisfits

1 hour ago, Eric Lightfoot said:

Is it weird to anybody else that HBO Max is supposedly coming out next month, and we still have no specific release date?

Everything marketing wise starting by the naming convention have been weird about this imo, HBO Now, HBO Max, HBO,it is apparently unclear if you get your HBO Now via roku or apple tv if you will be transfered to Max free and automatically like if you have it via your HBO.

It is obviously messier to have a service via Youtube, regular cable and so on than a pure OTT only on their own app a la Netflix, but still seem overly complicated and unclear.

Why still have Hbo Now at all, seem making things overly complicated. And there is a ads version in plan to make things even more complex.

And that in the USA, rest of the world seem even more complicated.

Watched the first half of Running Wild with Bear Grylls on Disney+ which is its other home now after each season airs on National Geographic first. 

1. Brie eating a beetle would've made for a good alternate "How Captain Marvel Got Her Powers" origin tale. @Cap

2. @Eric Lightfoot you'll be pleased to know that Armie spends the first third of his episode in a wetsuit which includes a rather long butt shot of him trying to climb out of a cave opening. Even our goofy survival reality shows are starting to incorporate fan service.

Edited by filmlover
  • Haha 1

Well, no full Bond marathon yet ("I'll get to it eventually" has been my line since getting the box set a couple years ago), but I am re-watching Skyfall in light of today being the day No Time to Die was supposed to open. Weirdly enough, it's the second Sam Mendes movie I've watched in the last few days after re-watching Jarhead on Showtime, and I've also got 1917 as a recent digital purchase and Road to Perdition on my Netflix watchlist. I'm a big fan of Mendes's work overall, but I really didn't think he'd be the first director whose work I'd run through in close succession during all this downtime.

So... I have been playing Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order and it is... not great. It should have been called Star Wars: Tomb Raider.

Edited by CJohn
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

rip dude. House one of the most fun movies ever.

another cult horror guy down

RIP king. the hours i spent discussing with friends the question of "if you had to be stuck in the middle of a human centipede who would you want on either side?" weren't in vain.