Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

6 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Well @Porthos at least y'all showed the Mets by signing Conforto who hasn't had a good season since the pandemic-shortened one

You joke, but the karmic scales have been rebalanced thanks to the Giants putting the twin Rogers on the team!!!

Spoiler

Kristen-Bell-Laughing-to-Crying.gif

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Well @Porthos at least y'all showed the Mets by signing Conforto who hasn't had a good season since the pandemic-shortened one

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

You joke, but the karmic scales have been rebalanced thanks to the Giants putting the twin Rogers on the team!!!

Reveal hidden contents

(more serious post)

Man, I can't even complain that much because in isolation, it's a good-to-decent complimentary move (as is the Rogers signing).  It's better than making no move at all after the Correa fiasco, and on balance it as well as the Rogers signing improves the team in needed areas.  And there's like, no star players on Correa's level left (or even a level below, probably) so no use crying over spilt milk.

But it would look much better if they hadn't balked on Correa.

Edited by Porthos

4 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

What happens when you troll other people's fanbases?

THIS is what happens when you troll other people's fanbases.

Karma is a real thing at times, Numbers. :sadno:

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

That's from yesterday.

Some folks around the net did start to go "Hmmmmm" at that.  Especially with this twin (pun slightly intended) pair of factoids:

They wanted to re-evaluate after an Associated Press report Tuesday said Correa’s introduction was postponed when “a medical concern arose” during his physical. The Giants issued a statement on Wednesday saying they’d had a “difference of opinion over the results of Carlos’ physical examination.”

As much as the Twins hoped to retain Correa, a team source said the club hadn’t had an opportunity to thoroughly examine him since his original physical in March. The only extended examination Correa received during the season was when he was thought to have broken his finger on May 5 after getting hit by a pitch in Baltimore.

No examination was made following a Sept. 20 contest in which Correa appeared to be injured following a hard slide into second base, according to a team source. Thrown out stealing, Correa lay on the ground for an extended period before ultimately getting up on his own and limping off the field. Correa remained in the game.

That night, he told reporters he was OK after having a brief scare with his surgically-repaired lower right leg.

“He just hit my plate,” Correa said, referring to the hardware in his leg. “I had surgery and he hit it. Just kind of felt numb. Vibrating. So I was just waiting for it to calm down. It was a little scary, but when I moved I knew I was good.”

Correa appeared in 12 of the team’s next 13 games and continued to hit, batting .319/.373/.468.

Doesn't excuse the absolute hideous way the Giants handled this (and in fact if the Mets are able to keep Correa but at a discount thanks to a restructured contract I will be... put out) but as I said it does make one go.... "Hmmmm...."  

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1