Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 hours ago, eddyxx said:

I didn't see this before. sorry. did yall move posts? i just found myself in a different thread and wasn't sure how I got there lol. I'm not sure how to move that post or quote chipderby but moving it there?

Yes, everything got moved. 

If you want to quote something in a different thread, you need to hit the + button next to the quote button. It will save the post for you and you can Insert into another thread. 

• Like 2

You know, Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlmam announced they were separated but not divorcing years ago and just...respectfully moved on with their lives. I guess that's not dramatic enough for some people?

While the two are still legally married, Pinkett Smith explains to Kotb that she and Smith are no longer romantically together.

"It was not a divorce on paper," Kotb clarifies.

"Right," Pinkett Smith responds.

"...but it was a divorce," Kotb continues.

"Divorce," Pinkett Smith emphasizes.

When Kotb asks directly why the couple hadn't previously shared their relationship status, Pinkett Smith says it came down to "just not being ready yet ... Still trying to figure out between the two of us how to be in partnership ... In regards to, how do we present that to people? We hadn't figured that out."

If only they worked and lived a place with publicists and top lawyers experienced in dealing with high-profile divorces....

Will really did that entanglement interview and the Oscars Slap to "defend" her and for what? It seems like a miserable existence. They should fully move on from each other, so he can be with someone who respects him and she can marry Tupac's ghost...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

All of the answers and none of the life experience... I think a lot of it is down to being very young and thinking of life as a perpetual adolescence, where a few years actually does make a massive difference in maturity. And if much of your identity is wrapped up in what generation you belong to and you make childhood nostalgia your personality, then it's impossible to imagine that there are other ways to relate to someone.

#MeToo happened and many cases were younger women exploited by older men, so the youth coming up 5-6 years ago went on to judge all age difference situations as equally bad.

People of all ages have latched onto the "frontal lobe fully forms at 25" idea which is a myth. But the concept has helped push back the timeline of adulthood among the terminally online.

This reminds me of that Hollywood Reporter did an article about how sex has become scarce in movies while it's everywhere on TV.

So is the dearth of grownup attitudes toward sex and sensuality on big screens a stagnant situation or a step backwards? Many would argue convincingly that it’s been that way since the late ’90s. But it’s also conceivable that we’re in a unique perfect-storm moment, where far-right conservatism has converged with post-#MeToo liberal timidity. On social media, some Gen Z filmgoers have even questioned whether sex scenes have a place in movies. Seriously, kids, you need to get out more.

‘Passages,’ ‘Oppenheimer’ and Big-Screen Sex Scenes: Critic’s Notebook – The Hollywood Reporter

Literal truth lol.

IMO these recent wave of nosey online "movements" (puriteens, cancel culture, etc.) are the culmination of largely uninvolved parents/the rise of family estrangement (the numbers have statistically proven to have never been higher...and that's just from folks who don't feel shame in admitting that they've cut family out of their lives) forcing those who fall under that kind of upbringing to seek refuge through other outlets, except the ones most prevalent these days don't involve developing actual human connections (and thus, asking for easy answers to complicated questions, solving nothing in the world in the process). But the topics of how it's not exactly the school system's fault (flawed as it may be, it's often used as a scapegoat from addressing bigger picture issues) that a lot of kids don't end up becoming successful in life, and the role social media has played in how people interact with others, are part of much broader topics.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 3

Meanwhile, in other relationship news:

"I thought, ‘This is a skit.’ " Like many people watching the incident unfold on live TV, she didn’t believe it was real at first. “I was like, ‘There’s no way that Will hit him,’ ” Jada, 52, recalls. “It wasn’t until Will started to walk back to his chair that I even realized it wasn’t a skit.” The first words she uttered to Will once they were alone after the show were “Are you okay?”

“We’re still figuring it out,” Jada says of the state of their marriage. She says they had been separated for six years before the Oscars in 2022. “We’ve been doing some really heavy-duty work together. We just got deep love for each other and we are going to figure out what that looks like for us.”

Jada Pinkett Smith Interview: Marriage, Oscars Slap and More (Exclusive) (people.com)

37 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Seems like she would have been in on a skit like that (Amy Schumer did a bit with Kirsten Dunst and Jesse Plemons at the same Oscars that was pre-planned). 

It also feels like Jada has retconned the story of her marital status with Will at least three times. She has a book to sell and wants fresh headlines.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

Bit late as I've been all over the board tonight, but...

Congrats to the Phils Phans on the board tonight as the Fightin's advance to the NLCS!

@TwoMisfits @Eric Feels 22 @4815162342

And commiserations to the Braves fans, while I'm at it.  Small solace, I'm sure, but youse gotta a scaaaaaaary team that ought to be a powerhouse for a good long while.

@cannastop @Shawn

• Like 3
  • Sad 1