Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I too saw A Bad Moms Christmas.  I loved the part where the plot stops for 10 minutes so they can advertise Skyzone.

Best thing about the whole movie was Christine Baranski. I laughed so hard when she said "we're having Chinese as Christmas dinner, I feel like such a Jew." :lol:

Also, I laughed harder at the gag involving Justin Hartley's ridiculously enormous schlong more than I probably should have.

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I too saw A Bad Moms Christmas.  I loved the part where the plot stops for 10 minutes so they can advertise Skyzone.

I don’t even think they got paid to do that. There’s so many product placement opportunities that the movie just skipped over.

6 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Like Rosenberg, we will still be writing about Disney releases, like the upcoming Coco, Black Panther, and Star Wars: The Last Jedi. But we’ll just be seeing the films the way everyone else does—by buying a ticket to a public screening on opening weekend—then writing and publishing our reviews a little later than normal.

wow yeah. they're really sticking it to disney by... paying to see the movies instead.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

wow yeah. they're really sticking it to disney by... paying to see the movies instead.

For a studio that barely need the free press awareness for any of their release it is hard to stick it to them (and why Disney can act like that in the first place, for smaller movie that need journalist attention and does not have a long list of platform that will follow disney no matter what and would love to see a major publication talk about their movie and before it release wide it would be different)

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Nobody needs them, especially Disney.

How does a 700 movie a year without critics would work ?

There is always will be some curator model, are reviewer better than critics (if that what you have in mind here) ?

It is true that for the movie Disney currently do, they do not need them very much and maybe can make it without the free publicity giving by the platforms critic work for, but for everything else, we need curator's, what will it/they be ?