Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

So my roomie this morning decides to have instant noodles for breakfast. He comes to tell me how vegans are ruining everything; because it's actually "advertising" that it has artificial beef flavour.

I tell him that that's not the vegans, it's required by law that they have to state that the beef flavour is artificial. I tell him it's his fault for being cheap and expecting $1 instant noodles to actually contain real meat.

He proceeds to eat his instant noodles, and then starts raving about how good they are, and how their actually were pieces of real beef. I'm like "no way, let me see the ingredient list". Yep, turns out there is definitely no beef, although it "may contain traces of fish or chicken".

He's super traumatized now that he was tricked into thinking he was eating beef when it was really just "textured soy protein".

:hahaha:

cc: @Trolltastic Tele, feel like you might get a laugh out of this

Image result for laughing gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrPink said:

What the hell, has he never had instant noodles before.

No, he eats them a lot. But he doesn't usually read ingredient lists and stuff. His misfortune today was caused by me having a day off and therefore having the time to read the ingredient list for him.

I am a little surprised too that it's taken this long for him to find out.

The largest Chick Fil A in history just opened in New York City. 5 story with panoramic views, high tech ordering, and even a private meeting room. I'm so jealous, but I'm happy for yall. Ironically it's opening on Fulton Street, and the first ever Chick Fil A was in Fulton County. Fulton, it's power.

http://www.businessinsider.com/biggest-chick-fil-a-opens-photos-details-2018-3

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

14 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

The largest Chick Fil A in history just opened in New York City. 5 story with panoramic views, high tech ordering, and even a private meeting room. I'm so jealous, but I'm happy for yall. Ironically it's opening on Fulton Street, and the first ever Chick Fil A was in Fulton County. Fulton, it's power.

http://www.businessinsider.com/biggest-chick-fil-a-opens-photos-details-2018-3

The darkest timeline. 

• Like 1

dvd shop near me is having a closing down sale. i bought Before Sunrise/Sunset, Training Day, SWAT, Miami Vice, Minority Report, In Bruges, Master and Commander steelbook, Gone Baby Gone and cloud atlas for like £1.50 altogether. no bad.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

I don't think I ever shared, but I actually ended up on the news lmao. I went to Chicago for my birthday and was wearing my Nats hat. We were exploring and ended up walking up all the way to Wrigley Field. Turns out the Cubs vs Nats playoff was that night. The local WGN news spotted me, probably the only Nats person they'd seen all day, and they pleaded to interview me.

We got back to the hotel and there I was on the evening news. :lol: I didn't get any threats from Chicago folks either, the news channel spelled my name right, and the lighting made my skin glow. They're really fine people in Chicago, on both sides.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 3

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

dvd shop near me is having a closing down sale. i bought Before Sunrise/Sunset, Training Day, SWAT, Miami Vice, Minority Report, In Bruges, Master and Commander steelbook, Gone Baby Gone and cloud atlas for like £1.50 altogether. no bad.

All I can think of when I see SWAT is baby Hawkguy and this.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

My favorite line ever

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jason said:

So my roomie this morning decides to have instant noodles for breakfast. He comes to tell me how vegans are ruining everything; because it's actually "advertising" that it has artificial beef flavour.

I tell him that that's not the vegans, it's required by law that they have to state that the beef flavour is artificial. I tell him it's his fault for being cheap and expecting $1 instant noodles to actually contain real meat.

He proceeds to eat his instant noodles, and then starts raving about how good they are, and how their actually were pieces of real beef. I'm like "no way, let me see the ingredient list". Yep, turns out there is definitely no beef, although it "may contain traces of fish or chicken".

He's super traumatized now that he was tricked into thinking he was eating beef when it was really just "textured soy protein".

:hahaha:

cc: @Trolltastic Tele, feel like you might get a laugh out of this

You mean he actually admitted he was wrong and didn't try to read some gigantic conspiracy into it? Must be some weird Canadian thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2