Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

quick q: has there ever been a more poorly timed movie in the history of cinema?

Big Trouble had a plot about a nuclear device being boarded onto a flight which would then be flown into a building which is stopped thanks to a series of comedic events. That movie was supposed to release September 21 2001.

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

quick q: has there ever been a more poorly timed movie in the history of cinema?

In that list maybe some ?:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_entertainment_affected_by_the_September_11_attacks#Delayed_films

But yeah the timing on this is had bad has it could, promo tour was about to start just now.

18 minutes ago, 75Live said:

It would be hilarious if it stayed closed until next Thursday :P 

And then you can only post once that weekend with only one emoji in regards to the film and its box office.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Big Trouble had a plot about a nuclear device being boarded onto a flight which would then be flown into a building which is stopped thanks to a series of comedic events. That movie was supposed to release September 21 2001.

big trouble is a poorly timed release no matter when it came out. bad movie!

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

Ms. Corry, a comedian, writer and actress, has long felt haunted by her run-in with Louis C.K. In 2005, she was working as a performer and producer on a television pilot — a big step in her career — when Louis C.K., a guest star, approached her as she was walking to the set. “He leaned close to my face and said, ‘Can I ask you something?’ I said, ‘Yes,’” Ms. Corry said in a written statement to The New York Times. “He asked if we could go to my dressing room so he could masturbate in front of me.” Stunned and angry, Ms. Corry said she declined, and pointed out that he had a daughter and a pregnant wife. “His face got red,” she recalled, “and he told me he had issues.”

:sick:

In 2009, six years after their phone call, Ms. Schachner received a Facebook message from Louis C.K., apologizing. “Last time I talked to you ended in a sordid fashion,” he wrote in the message, which was reviewed by The Times. “That was a bad time in my life and I’m sorry.” He added that he had seen some of Ms. Schachner’s comedy and thought she was funny. “I remember thinking what a repulsive person I was being by responding the way that I did,” he wrote.

Ms. Schachner accepted his apology and told him she forgave him. But the original interaction left her deeply dispirited, she said, and discouraged her from pursuing comedy.

In 2015, a few months before the now-defunct website Defamer circulated rumors of Louis C.K.’s alleged sexual misconduct, Ms. Corry also received an email from Louis C.K., which was obtained by The Times, saying he owed her a “very very very late apology.” When he phoned her, he said was sorry for shoving her in a bathroom. Ms. Corry replied that he had never done that, but had instead asked to masturbate in front of her. Responding in a shaky voice, he acknowledged it and said, “I used to misread people back then,” she recalled.

That awkward moment when you try to apologize to a woman for assaulting her, but turns out you misremembered it.

Anyone remember how Terence Stamp trying his damndest to convince Eddie Murphy's superstar actor in crisis not to take his dick out in front of the Laker Girls was a major point in Bowfinger? With all that's come out in the last few weeks, it's getting harder and harder to believe that it may not entirely have been an invention of the creative minds behind that film...