Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

though season 6 has THE CRASH which is the single best episode of Mad Men and one of the best episodes of television period.

I still think The Suitcase is the best Mad Men episode and is in the running for the best TV episode ever. Don and Peggy screaming at each other then they just hang out. So many great character moments. Only real negative thing about the episode was fuckface Duck showing up. Fuck Duck. 

Truly one of the finest actors of this generation or does he just have a giant blockbuster coming out and this whole thing is advertising?

It looks like Star-Lord is getting the recognition he deserves. Guardians of the Galaxy star Chris Pratt will be honored with the Generation Award at the MTV Movie & TV Awards with the Generation Award on June 18.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/chris-pratt-mtv-movie-and-tv-awards-generation-award-guardians-of-the-galaxy-1202386983/

Also....

It took a long awhile but Rick and Morty is getting a fourth season. And a lot more than that. Adult Swim has ordered a staggering 70 new episodes of the popular animated series as part of a new long-term overall deal with the show’s creators Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland. That is more episodes than Rick and Morty‘s first three seasons combined (31 episodes).

http://deadline.com/2018/05/rick-and-morty-renewed-70-episode-order-creators-dan-harmon-justin-roiland-overall-deal-adult-swim-1202386828/

4 hours ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

This is maddening 

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Cops called when we're minding our business in the common room, cops called when we're minding our business at Starbucks, cops called when we're minding our business moving into our NYC apartment, cops called when we [Native Americans] don't speak during a college tour, cops called when we're minding our business on the golf course, cops called when we're minding our business walking back from the gas station, cops called when we're minding our business checking out of our Air BNB. Cops called when we're [Hispanics] minding our own business speaking Spanish. Cops called on my brother for minding his business walking with friends in his own neighborhood. I as well have been in situation where I was doing the right thing, but of course someone not minding their own business has to try to get involved, and give me the attitude.

So the question is, what can minorities do that doesn't make people feel uncomfortable at this point? Not breathe? Why are minorities continually punished because someone didn't mind their own business while we were minding ours? But hey let Dylann Roof types walk down the street and it's a howdy do. What was it that Gambino was saying now?...

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What's funny about this whole Yale thing - and all these other instances for that matter - is that if the school had brought a live tiger to campus, the girl who called 911 more than likely would've tried to pet it.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Cops called when we're minding our business in the common room, cops called when we're minding our business at Starbucks, cops called when we're minding our business moving into our NYC apartment, cops called when we [Native Americans] don't speak during a college tour, cops called when we're minding our business on the golf course, cops called when we're minding our business walking back from the gas station, cops called when we're minding our business checking out of our Air BNB. Cops called when we're [Hispanics] minding our own business speaking Spanish. Cops called on my brother for minding his business walking with friends in his own neighborhood. I as well have been in situation where I was doing the right thing, but of course not minding their own business has to try to get involved, and give me the attitude.

So the question is, what can minorities do that doesn't make people feel uncomfortable at this point? Not breathe? Why are minorities continually punished because someone didn't mind their own business while we were minding ours? What was it that Gambino was saying now?...

What’s worse is I looked the lady up who called the cops.  She’s apparently a ‘liberal’ woman’s rights activist, yet she’s called the cops on pretty much any black person she didn’t know that was in her dorm area (all of them who either lived there or were with somebody who did)

So many people who try to talk the equality talk and then hypocritically go after minorities for being present.

Edited by Critically Acclaimed Panda

• Community Manager

I guess I should see the remixed version of Arrested Development. Did you guys know the director of Solo is narrator on that show?

Oh wait I didn't call him by name. Guess I'm a racist now.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
5 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

What’s worse is I looked the lady up who called the cops.  She’s apparently a ‘liberal’ woman’s rights activist, yet she’s called the cops on pretty much any black person she didn’t know that was in her dorm area (all of them who either lived there or were with somebody who did)

So many people who try to talk the equality talk and then hypocritically go after minorities for being present.

A separate but equal gal, huh?

• Like 1

Just now, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

And that's why "I would've voted for Obama a 3rd term" is my single favorite line of 2017. That's exactly what Peele was getting at. Too many people try to use their self-proclaimed "liberalness" to hide deep feelings. This is why I take strong objection when people call the south racist or act like racial issues only appear in red states. 

This happened in Connecticut. A white man was calling black women "monkeys" on a New York train. The Stephon Clark shooting was in California. The Starbucks incident(s) were in Philadelphia and LA. The incident with the cops being called on the brothers for "being too quiet" was in Colorado. Cops were called on a group of black women in Pennsylvania for "golfing too slow." The cops being called on the women checking out of their AirBNB was: California, again, again.

People act like racism doesn't happen in the mighty northeast and west because they're "blue states", they're "liberal and progressive." Yada, yada. Oregon is not even 2% black, but you say they tolerate black people better than Louisiana?

There's still liberals who won't date outside their race because of how it'd look, or will still laugh when their friend tells a tasteless black joke, or will only lock their door when they see a black person walking by. Your political affiliation doesn't erase those instincts, and acting like "its not an issue for me, because I live in Denver" is a big part of the problem. You live in the USA, so we're all in the same boat.

Stop calling cops unless you see an actual crime. 911 is not for "suspicions." Stop being an asshole, putting people's lives in danger.

Washington Post knows what's up:

6z7yNzp.png

• Like 1