Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

8 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I love YG. He's the brick through the window of popular rap music. Let's just say that he's a very popular rapper who ain't never gonna get play with pretentious college students who rant about their love Kendrick and Migos. Not that Kendrick or Migos are bad (Kendrick is obviously brilliant, in particular), but he's old-school, not on that suburban music festival wave, but in a fresh way. Idk. I just like his albums alot. Still Brazy is excellent. I can't really describe it.

I'll try to go through his discography before the new album 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

yeah I know everyone else says it so I wish i could be the contrarian but I'm not sure I would revisit "This is America" as a song without the context of the video

I've listened to it probably a hundred times. It's the same song without the video.

17 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Let's just say that he's a very popular rapper who ain't never gonna get play with pretentious college students who rant about their love Kendrick and Migos. 

200.gif

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I've listened to it probably a hundred times. It's the same song without the video.

200.gif

Note: I include myself, pretentious dumbass white boy.

BUT I mean like there's a certain brand of rapper that holds extra appeal to suburban white college kids who wish they wrote for Pitchfork, and then another brand that does not. Like you don't see white kids at my college (except me, whee!) talking about how great YG or NBA Youngboy is. Jeezy would be a good example, from the recent past. It's hard to explain. And it's also a long, winding, caveat filled story why I do not share the same taste/opinions/style as other kids who look like me.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 1

Forgot to mention.  Watched Kurosawa's High and Low the other day.   Only saw his samurai stuff up until then.   Liked it quite a bit, definitely something I'll revisit.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DAR said:

Forgot to mention.  Watched Kurosawa's High and Low the other day.   Only saw his samurai stuff up until then.   Liked it quite a bit, definitely something I'll revisit.

Hell of a movie. If you're interested in more in the same vein from him, I really recommend Stray Dog. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

Hell of a movie. If you're interested in more in the same vein from him, I really recommend Stray Dog. 

I thought about that or either the Bad Sleep Well

• Like 2

Oh man, Kimmy Schmidt really went to shit, didn't it? That third episode smh.

Seeing Lord Voldemort file among other abusers files was pretty funny I give you that

, but the rest is so heavy-handed I just can't. 

Edited by Goffe

Dude that story about the Lethal Weapon show lmao. Mel Gibson Lite yelling at kids to fuck off and Damon Wayans getting fed every two hours with frequent naps

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Dude that story about the Lethal Weapon show lmao. Mel Gibson Lite yelling at kids to fuck off and Damon Wayans getting fed every two hours with frequent naps

It was a normal show. Move on, find a new slant.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chewy said:

That story is crazy. My favourite part:

Sources said that Crawford became agitated by patrons of the pool — which was supposed to be closed, but was not — making noise near the set. In another video acquired by Variety, one take derails when Crawford, off camera, yells, “Shut the f–k up! Goddamnit Newman, f–king they’re right here! Get somebody in here with a f–king walkie and shut ’em the f–k up! Or did we not pay for this f–king place? If we did, shut ’em the f–k up!”

According to sources, the pool patrons who triggered Crawford’s ire were children about 10-11 years of age who were within earshot of the actor’s yelling. An assistant director walked off set after the incident, resigning on the spot and citing Crawford’s behavior as the reason.

Oh God this story. This man Crawford is a jackass. Who is he? Who does he think he’s talking to?

Crawford: “You know, I’ve seen [name deleted] handle hits better than you did yesterday.”

Wayans: “Suck my d–k.”

Crawford: “You know, that was the biggest p–y move I think I’ve ever seen.”

Wayans: “Yeah, I’m a p—y.”

Crawford: “A p–y. You’re the biggest crybaby p—y I’ve ever met in my life.”

Wayans: “Well suck this pussy’s d–k.”

Crawford: “I mean, how does it feel to only be in the game because your f–king brothers are in the game?”

Wayans: “F–k you. F–k you.”

Edited by AJG
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, Rorschach said:

Yeah. I agree with this sentiment.

It's like Star on Earth is fine because she can handle herself enough with the weird shit and Marco is a cool guide. Season 3 really does a disservice for Marco's character even though I realize it's necessary to move the plot to Mewni (mainly because Starco is clearly endgame and Marco can't be king of a place he's never been to), but like the fact that Marco's absent from at least a fourth of the season's episodes really sucks because the Star/Marco dynamic is the show's best asset

• Like 1

Just now, Blankments said:

It's like Star on Earth is fine because she can handle herself enough with the weird shit and Marco is a cool guide. Season 3 really does a disservice for Marco's character even though I realize it's necessary to move the plot to Mewni (mainly because Starco is clearly endgame and Marco can't be king of a place he's never been to), but like the fact that Marco's absent from at least a fourth of the season's episodes really sucks because the Star/Marco dynamic is the show's best asset

I kinda stopped watching the series regularly after season 2. I only watched bits and pieces of season 3. My interest in the series kinda wanned a little bit once it started becoming a lot more story-driven. 

Dunno why I forgot about this until now but a few days ago I was training the new employee. Nice enough girl, acts kinda young but I guess she is 16, is super friendly, works hard. No complaints. As I was getting to know her she explained how strict her family is on age ratings for movies, how they didn't let her 11 year old brother watch Solo or Infinity War because they ''were PG13'' despite technically in BC, neither film has an age restriction.

So later on I witnessed her selling Solo tickets to this father and his kid. The boy looked like he was about 12, give or take a year, and the girl was almost refusing to punch in the tickets because she was questioning the dad ''whether he had screened the movie first to see if it was appropriate for his kid''. So I had to step in and just kinda resolve things cause the look on the dad's face was SOOO confused it was almost funny