Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

• Community Manager
9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Fucking Dbags... err Dbacks... blowing a huge division lead to give the Dodgers an easy way back into the playoffs. :rant:

(Seriously, Diamondbacks have been terribad the last five weeks.  Enough so that my garbage team known as the Giants is only a couple games out of first.  And I KNOW they have no business sniffing first right now. :lol:)

Dodgers won: 12 runs to 4 runs. It's a great day in baseball. 

I enjoyed those six new episodes of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt thoroughly... so I'm not too happy with Netflix for waiting until next year to release the remainder of this "season's" episodes.

Perhaps I'm just too accustomed to binging new seasons of my go-to series, but I couldn't shake the "that's it?" feeling from watching this week's half-seasons of Arrested Development (still funny despite not hitting its past heights - not to mention that ugly NYT interview) and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Goffe said:

Every guy has a monster inside him? what. the. actual. fuck Kimmy Schmidt

The boys in Kimmy’s children book are born with the ability to be a douche, however the key to not being a douche is inside them the whole time. Much like life.

Watch the whole episode first, mate.

Amadeus bowled me way the hell over when I saw it a few years ago. I'll readily admit that the '80s are one of my cinematic blindspots, but I'll be surprised if I end up seeing a movie from that decade that I like better.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AJG said:

The boys in Kimmy’s children book are born with the ability to be a douche, however the key to not being a douche is inside them the whole time. Much like life.

But boys have them and girls don't? That's a pretty fucked up thing to teach children.

13 minutes ago, Goffe said:

But boys have them and girls don't? That's a pretty fucked up thing to teach children.

I doubt it's the first story of kids story where boys and girls are divided due to stuff like that, it's also a story for boys about how they should treat people, and it's also a joke story from a character too naive to understand the art of subtlety in their writing and the pitch process. That's the joke. 

5 episodes into Killing Eve. I love it. I stan for it. I am a fan. I will annoy everyone I know about this show.

Also Sandra Oh escaping Greys Anatomy is a blessing and she should be in more things.

10 minutes ago, AJG said:

5 episodes into Killing Eve. I love it. I stan for it. I am a fan. I will annoy everyone I know about this show.

Also Sandra Oh escaping Greys Anatomy is a blessing and she should be in more things.

It's so much fun. I've annoyed everyone about it. 

It's not quite up there with The Americans, the best show of the decade which just had the most elegant, hearbreaking, perfect series finale, but it's really good.