Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

So, I finished watching Paddington 2 at the pool party...and I was happily surprised...

It's not the best kid movie ever made...but for a stuffed bear movie which has a British sensibility, it's a cute A-/B+ event.  It definitely did the prison concept better than Despicable Me 3 b/c it all flowed with the movie and wasn't an artsy funny add-on skit...

So, I liked it, and it put me in a pleasant mood to finish the night...but then again, evening pool parties tend to have that effect.  Although, now I'm having hot vanilla tea b/c dang, that water started getting cold after 10pm:)...

10 minutes ago, DAR said:

I barely made it through the two minutes I watched

It's definitely a movie that needs to be approached with a certain mindset. FWIW the Broadway musical was also kitschy and ridiculous and had the same flimsy excuse for a plot to connect the songs (but had the energy of live theatre so it was easier to overlook those things).

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Taylor Swift's image is damaged though, don't be fooled by her album and ticket sales that are masked by expensive marketing and commercial tricks to make it look like she's as popular as ever.

She's smart and is changing back to looking humble and down to Earth so it won't happen to her what happened to Lady Gaga, but still, she will have to continue to work hard to make everyone stop seeing her as a shallow mean girl.

tenor.gif?itemid=3871550

People on twitter will have you believe that no one likes her anymore and that her image is tarnished but if you talk to the millions of folks who are paying to go see her on tour and buying her albums, whether it’s a young girl who is 4 and has a Taylor Swift scrap book or a woman in her mid 20s who grew up with her or a guy like myself who enjoys her music, they don’t care. Why? Because her punishment didn’t fit her “crime.”

I mean what exactly is it that she did? The Kanye thing? Because she didn’t speak out against Trump? I’m not even a huge fan of hers or anything but it’s bizarre to me that some folks really thought the general public was going to turn on her because of that. 

One day you’ll wake up and realize that this “everyone hates Taylor Swift” didn’t actually exist and was just a small minority screaming really loud trying to make it happen. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, filmlover said:

So I take it you are not, in fact, having the time of your life.

Maybe it's because he couldn't dance, and couldn't jive?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

tenor.gif?itemid=3871550

People on twitter will have you believe that no one likes her anymore and that her image is tarnished but if you talk to the millions of folks who are paying to go see her on tour and buying her albums, whether it’s a young girl who is 4 and has a Taylor Swift scrap book or a woman in her mid 20s who grew up with her or a guy like myself who enjoys her music, they don’t care. Why? Because her punishment didn’t fit her “crime.”

I mean what exactly is it that she did? The Kanye thing? Because she didn’t speak out against Trump? I’m not even a huge fan of hers or anything but it’s bizarre to me that some folks really thought the general public was going to turn on her because of that. 

One day you’ll wake up and realize that this “everyone hates Taylor Swift” didn’t actually exist and was just a small minority screaming really loud trying to make it happen. 

I think Swift gets the hate from a portion of people because she’s one of the artists on top.  In general most celebrity hate seems like wasted jealous energy to me.

Save the hate for people actually doing something bad, like Weinstein.

• Thanks 1

Was planning to marathon all the Mission Impossible's just before it came out here but Ghost Protocol is on Netflix and they kept waking it in my face in my recommended section.

I am weak and the temptation was strong, here I am having watched Ghost Protocol again. Think I like it more every time I watch it. Good, good movie.

14 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Was planning to marathon all the Mission Impossible's just before it came out here but Ghost Protocol is on Netflix and they kept waking it in my face in my recommended section.

I am weak and the temptation was strong, here I am having watched Ghost Protocol again. Think I like it more every time I watch it. Good, good movie.

I’m only rewatching 4 & 5. 

1 is a bit too boring for me. 2 is a horrible movie. And 3 is a bit too loud (odd complaint, I just think it’s way too loud and visually quite garish)

17 minutes ago, AJG said:

I’m only rewatching 4 & 5. 

1 is a bit too boring for me. 2 is a horrible movie. And 3 is a bit too loud (odd complaint, I just think it’s way too loud and visually quite garish)

I like all of 'em. 

They had the gall to shove Fast Five in my face after Ghost Protocol ended so now I'm watching that. My will is weak tonight. This is the first Fast and Furious movie my mum has ever watched so I'm not sure she's managing to follow all of it.

7 hours ago, Pandamia! said:

I think Swift gets the hate from a portion of people because she’s one of the artists on top.  In general most celebrity hate seems like wasted jealous energy to me.

Save the hate for people actually doing something bad, like Weinstein.

It’s a medical condition called Tall Poppy Syndrome. 

• Haha 1