Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

41 minutes ago, AJG said:

Family got together and we’re letting the kids stay up late to watch Roger Rabbit. They’ve never seen it (or heard of it), the Donald/Daffy scene just blew their mind.

How about the Mickey/Bugs Bunny scene?

3 hours ago, MrGamer said:

Happy birthday to our lord and savior, Willem Dafoe.

willem-dafoe-gif-25.gif

I hope he kills Spider-Man today

6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Clean Energy ?

Did someone say clean energy ?

Oh Boy.

The wake up call will be hard for everybody.

just curious in real life are you a smug cryptic weirdo who literally never adds anything to a conversation or do you just hide your ability to talk like an actual person for online? if we're the only people you ever talk to it'd make a lot of sense.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 7

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

just curious in real life are you a smug cryptic weirdo who literally never adds anything to a conversation or do you just mask your ability to talk like an actual person for online? if we're the only people you ever talk to it'd make a lot of sense.

There is no clean energy.

I added to the conversation.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

just curious in real life are you a smug cryptic weirdo who literally never adds anything to a conversation or do you just hide your ability to talk like an actual person for online? if we're the only people you ever talk to it'd make a lot of sense.

7 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

There is no clean energy.

I added to the conversation.

There’s your answer.

• Haha 1

man i've been at some jobs where i worked with futurist types. the kind of guys where everyone internally sighs when they approach for conversation. and then they'll insert their weird politics into even the most innocuous of chats. reminds me of a guy i used to work with who'd always find a way to rant about the "southern irish" for some reason. could tell he was totally clueless on how everybody else there was always looking for an excuse to not talk to him any more.

• Like 8

Just now, 4815162342 said:

So, the Irish?

yes but he'd only refer to them as southern irish. he was northern irish but if you just called people from ireland irish good lord that'd set him off. btw he was fired eventually because turns out... he was bad at his job! on top of being weird and racist he couldn't even get that right! but that was a couple months after i quit so unfortunately didn't get to see it. :( 

Dark Tourist on Netflix is a charming little show about a Kiwi visiting a few messed up tourist destinations.

”She takes out some kind of holy air freshener, and blesses me.”

The serious sounding dry comments reacting to things like meeting one of Pablo Escobar’s Hitman or a Lady Death worshiper are hilarious.

Edited by Pandamia!

3 hours ago, Pandamia! said:

Except Trump is literally undoing 20 years worth of progress that the US has made with some of his policies.  Climate Change isn't his fault, I wasn't blaming it on him, but anyone denying that Trump isn't making things worse when it comes to climate change isn't paying attention.  Don't soften up the message just because you think it sounds anti-Trump when the message is quite frankly true.

Dude relax. Why would I care if your message is anti-Trump, when have you seen me advertising for #maga? All I was saying was this day in age, if we, in general, not you specifically, are going to keep making progress, we have to present this data in a less partisan way considering everything has gotten so irritatingly hard left and hard right. Then more pressure will be put on megalomaniacs like Trump.

Half the country won't listen to anything someone says nowadays simply because they're a "leftist", and vice versa. That's a problem and no way will we team up to keep Miami from going underwater if we keep that attitude. Can't lose Miami. The women are too precious.

57 minutes ago, matrixdmath5 said:

most conversations have nothing worth adding to them.  the intellectuals usually become loners for adding to much depressing stuff to the high school adolescents.  later, the intellectuals may get mistaken as incels, but it is actually a good thing because they get to be more selective with how they reproduce.

I'm still trying to figure out what language this (and most of your posts, really) is but I can't figure it out.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

Madeline's Madeline was interesting. Definitely went way over my head, but interesting (if not a little disorienting). Helena Howard tho, she's amazing. Hope that she can get some more roles cause she's super good.

• Like 2