Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I Admit is some of the cringiest shit I've heard in my entire life.

Song of the year?

Honestly I don’t think I’ll ever listen to it again, but I don’t think I’ll ever forget my experience with it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, AJG said:

Like... who told this man that this shit was a smart thing to do?

At least he has a point (parent that let kids with male adult when not pushing them because they are star struck is a real problem).

That do really sound like a confession.

25 minutes ago, grim22 said:

What in the hell?

Death baby jokes, rape jokes, etc... were so common circa 2000-2010 (it was a genre in itself), I imagine a lot of people are deleting that decade from their social account the last few days.

36 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

to be fair you have to have a very high IQ to understand fake baby rape videos

It has a strong correlation, but probably not an 100% hard rules:

https://www.psychologistworld.com/cognitive/black-humor-linked-to-high-intelligence-study

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5383683/

Black humour preference and comprehension are positively associated with higher verbal and nonverbal intelligence as well as higher levels of education. Emotional instability and higher aggressiveness apparently lead to decreased levels of pleasure when dealing with black humour.

You can read the study here:

https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007%2Fs10339-016-0789-y.pdf

Edited by Barnack
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

see, this guy gets it

• Like 2

I think racism is like a lazy form of dealing with insecurity.  It is like … "we are all comfortable in this room together, things are great, we feel fine, we all look the same, lets keep it that way and grow."  same thing could go with racial humor.  

Edited by Slave Animal Rights

15 minutes ago, matrixdmath5 said:

I think racism is like a lazy form of dealing with insecurity.  It is like … "we are all comfortable in this room together, things are great, we feel fine, we all look the same, lets keep it that way and grow."  same thing could go with racial humor.  you might be seen as the weak one to oppose the banter...  Like everyone grows up thinking "don't get depressed", or "be positive, laugh, have a good time", so maybe it would be in the best for American culture to continue with racial humor because there is no way to really put a stop to it unless you are going to fuss and make people feel uncomfortable by getting up and walking away from a conversation just because why not?  I guess one bad thing you could take away from that stance of abandoning society is resenting 90% of the population that continues to think that way, while you sit alone thinking you are right.

I don’t even get this post.

If a bunch of people were sitting around me making jokes at the expense of me being black I’m going to stand and leave. I don’t give a fuck if I make them uncomfortable. Fuck those guys.

I am so confused by this post.

21 minutes ago, matrixdmath5 said:

I think racism is like a lazy form of dealing with insecurity.  It is like … "we are all comfortable in this room together, things are great, we feel fine, we all look the same, lets keep it that way and grow."  same thing could go with racial humor.  you might be seen as the weak one to oppose the banter...  Like everyone grows up thinking "don't get depressed", or "be positive, laugh, have a good time", so maybe it would be in the best for American culture to continue with racial humor because there is no way to really put a stop to it unless you are going to fuss and make people feel uncomfortable by getting up and walking away from a conversation just because why not?  I guess one bad thing you could take away from that stance of abandoning society is resenting 90% of the population that continues to think that way, while you sit alone thinking you are right.

Honestly no offense bro but with each post of yours passing you make me doubt my mental stability.

31 minutes ago, matrixdmath5 said:

Are you and The Futurist related?

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I basically scroll over everything Matrix posts at this point. If the opening sentence doesn't catch me, I ain't reading that shit.

His box office related posts make a lot of sense. he's losing it in the Classic conversation thread....

I think his posts are translated through a dozen or so languages on Google translate before he posts.

This post gave me an idea.  I just translated the above sentence through a dozen languages.  The result:

"Before publishing the news, I think that my comments have been translated into more than 12 languages."

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

rewatched the first mission impossible. the cruise of twenty years ago was weak. you know today he'd actually strap himself to a goddamn speeding train with a goddamn helicopter at full speed coming right for him.

He hadn't quite yet discovered what the people truly wanted.

Also people: a random box office discussion site is not going to help you clear up your views and stance on race or LGBT issues.

Sometimes I look at the posts on this site and think “do you people not have any friends or family that are minorities that you could gain an understanding from?” 

Seriously, a ton of your misconceptions and questions about race could be cleared by just getting to know other people. I was born into a very homophobic environment, I know I was very homophobic (at the time I wouldn’t even consider myself to be. I honestly thought that if I wasn’t wishing death to gay people then I couldn’t be homophobic. Homophobia was normalised around me), I went to university, started to know, work with and become friends with LGBT people and that experience changed who I was. 

Put down the keyboard. Go outside. This is ridiculous.

• Like 8