Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

15 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I think his posts are translated through a dozen or so languages on Google translate before he posts.

This post gave me an idea.  I just translated the above sentence through a dozen languages.  The result:

"Before publishing the news, I think that my comments have been translated into more than 12 languages."

When I talk to Google to write, I would like to translate.

4 minutes ago, AJG said:

Also people: a random box office discussion site is not going to help you clear up your views and stance on race or LGBT issues.

Sometimes I look at the posts on this site and think “do you people not have any friends or family that are minorities that you could gain an understanding from?” 

Seriously, a ton of your misconceptions and questions about race could be cleared by just getting to know other people. I was born into a very homophobic environment, I know I was very homophobic (at the time I wouldn’t even consider myself to be. I honestly thought that if I wasn’t wishing death to gay people then I couldn’t be homophobic. Homophobia was normalised around me), I went to university, started to know, work with and become friends with LGBT people and that experience changed who I was. 

Put down the keyboard. Go outside. This is ridiculous.

Amen to ALL of this.

5 minutes ago, AJG said:

Also people: a random box office discussion site is not going to help you clear up your views and stance on race or LGBT issues.

Sometimes I look at the posts on this site and think “do you people not have any friends or family that are minorities that you could gain an understanding from?” 

Seriously, a ton of your misconceptions and questions about race could be cleared by just getting to know other people. I was born into a very homophobic environment, I know I was very homophobic (at the time I wouldn’t even consider myself to be. I honestly thought that if I wasn’t wishing death to gay people then I couldn’t be homophobic. Homophobia was normalised around me), I went to university, started to know, work with and become friends with LGBT people and that experience changed who I was. 

Put down the keyboard. Go outside. This is ridiculous.

Same thing with me, just replace homophobia with misogyny.

2 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Just go to The Donald on Reddit. The answers are all there.

Before t_d there was another subreddit. I went there reading a post about black people killing and raping white people and liberal media not reporting it. Me, an Indian, was angry that liberal media in america is taking away white people rights. I don't use social media much otherwise I would have posted many questionable things in those years. 

Just now, Napoleon said:

What did he say?

Her show just finished the season last Friday, damn it. We'll have to wait until September for her response.

They get Wendy in Brazil too? In London her show comes on 8 times a day (I counted) on BET. She’s a bit more well known than Ellen with my friends.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Before t_d there was another subreddit. I went there reading a post about black people killing and raping white people and liberal media not reporting it. Me, an Indian, was angry that liberal media in america is taking away white people rights. I don't use social media much otherwise I would have posted many questionable things in those years. 

Just curious why? You think you were white and/or better? 

I am Indian too. Well half and it's a foreign concept to me. It's not a zero sum game to me. Others gaining right doesn't me I am losing mine.

Edited by ACSlater

40 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Just curious why? You think you were white and/or better? 

I am Indian too. Well half and it's a foreign concept to me. It's not a zero sum game to me. Others gaining right doesn't me I am losing mine.

Just because I was racist, I think. There was not much logic to it. Also in India, unfortunately white/fair is seen better than dark skin, even tho most of the population is dark skinned.

53 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

What did he say?

Her show just finished the season last Friday, damn it. We'll have to wait until September for her response.

Now Wendy Williams mad with me? But I ain't never offered her no drink (no drink)
But I admit that she asked me, can I get a little Hennessy? (yeah)
We both turned off our phone, we drinked, I smoked, we talked
I admit that I told it all (our phone, we talked, it off)
From my good points to my faults (faults)
She said, "What about Aaliyah?"
I said "love"
She said, "What about the tape?"
I said "hush"
I said my lawyer said "don't say noth'"
But I can tell you I've been set up (up)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Congratulations. One of my friends works as an IT vendor at World Bank. He has good things to say about the work place.

Yeah, they have a preference on those who are doing their PHD/Masters, so I might be a bit under-qualified (starting undergraduate soon), but it sounds very likely that it's gonna happen. Would be my first time in the US as well.

23 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Just because I was racist, I think. There was not much logic to it. Also in India, unfortunately white/fair is seen better than dark skin, even tho most of the population is dark skinned.

Yeah. I see it. It's sad.

I am a half white / quater hindu / quarter muslim kashmir leading to Hindu boy. Race and color mean nothing. I look whiter than my British cousins.

To this day, they call me angrez in my extended family.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Premium George said:

The extent of this is absolutely fascinating to me. Shah Rukh Khan endorsing skin bleach blew my mind. If Will Smith tried to do that shit his career would be finished over here. I’d be disgusted.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, AJG said:

The extent of this is absolutely fascinating to me. Shah Rukh Khan endorsing skin bleach blew my mind. If Will Smith tried to do that shit his career would be finished over here. I’d be disgusted.

I would love to see those ads airing in america. Oh look, a dark skinned girl, nobody respects her. Now she is fair, everybody loves her. Thank you fair&lovely.:gold:

Ugh! I am so tired of watching trailer reaction videos on YouTube where the creators do not know how to balance the sound levels between the trailer and their own commentary. Either the trailer is explosively loud and the commentary is barely audible or it's vice versa. If you're trying to earn a few bucks from a YT movie review channel, at least make the effort to produce a quality video for crying out loud.