Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

This is a fascinating thread on Netflix, its streaming strategy, and BIRD BOX:

Star Power does not matter that much in theaters but when you are looking for a movie to stream on a random night at home, it 100% makes a film more interesting to watch. 

Would have I watched birdbox with a random no name as the lead, no... 

• Like 1

Holy crap, one of my local cinemas is doing a screening of The King and the Mockingbird, one of my favourite underrated animation classics. Wow, I can't wait to see what it looks like on the big scre-

The King and the Mockingbird- Kids' Club: Exclusively for children and their parents or carers. Unaccompanied adults are not admitted.

.........does anyone have a spare child I can borrow? 

Edited by rukaio101
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, rukaio101 said:

Holy crap, one of my local cinemas is doing a screening of The King and the Mockingbird, one of my favourite underrated animation classics. Wow, I can't wait to see what it looks like on the big scre-

lol this is where having a million cousins is useful lol 

26 minutes ago, rukaio101 said:

“How much for the leetle girl? ...Your children, I want to buy your children.”

8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Almost watched Holmes and Watson, sorta to get a kick-start on my 2019 movie watching. Then I realized "why would I put myself through that" so now it'll just be an afternoon of Netflix

I was listening the one of the Schmoes/Collider people Josh Macuga.   He, his wife and in-laws went to see H&W.   His father in law left after 10 minutes, his wife and mother in law left after 45-50 minutes and his sister in law left shortly after.   He stayed until the end because he said has a rule that he will stay until the end.   But he said by the end he was one of a few people left in the theater.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

“How much for the leetle girl? ...Your children, I want to buy your children.”

Whoa whoa whoa, there. You think I can afford to buy children?! I'm just a poorly penniless student, I can't afford that kind of expense. No, I just want to rent your children.

......Which, on reflection, doesn't sound much better, I'll admit.

Edited by rukaio101
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAR said:

I was listening the one of the Schmoes/Collider people Josh Macuga.   He, his wife and in-laws went to see H&W.   His father in law left after 10 minutes, his wife and mother in law left after 45-50 minutes and his sister in law left shortly after.   He stayed until the end because he said has a rule that he will stay until the end.   But he said by the end he was one of a few people left in the theater.

do you have a link to that video that's hilarious

Am I blind or (presumably), after Oscar noms, will Annapurna's other two movies be getting wider releases.

I see things like Queen of Scots and Basis of Sex going wider and I'm wondering where everything else is. We already have Vice.

26 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Am I blind or (presumably), after Oscar noms, will Annapurna's other two movies be getting wider releases.

I see things like Queen of Scots and Basis of Sex going wider and I'm wondering where everything else is. We already have Vice.

Annapurna wanted Beale Street in 1,500 by Oscar noms but who knows if that's still happening. Destroyer may get Sisters Brothers'd and hit 1k theaters in a few weeks despite low PTAs

• Like 1

My mom wanted to know what's coming out in January (we have some Cineplex coupons that are valid from January 7 to March 7) so I sent her the trailers for all January wide releases. She proceeds to shock the hell out of me by saying she would really like to see ESCAPE ROOM.

What the hell? I'm like "Mom, you realize what that movie is, right?" Yep, she's adamant she wants to see it. I'm not going to see it with her though. I'm convinced she doesn't really realize what she's in for and I don't want to be sitting beside her awkwardly when she does.