Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Latest True Detective my favorite hour of the season yet. Bless Pizzaman and Ali who's giving his actual Oscar-worthy performance here.

So overall you're really digging the season?

I'm subscribing to HBO in March or so and I'll binge it then

Just now, MrPink said:

So overall you're really digging the season?

I'm subscribing to HBO in March or so and I'll binge it then

It's really good so far. Much closer to the level of season 1 than 2 and with enough of its own concerns that it doesn't feel like a retread. Confident storytelling, Ali, Dorff, Ejogo, McNairy all great.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Spending the money is the least of your concerns there.

I have been trying my best to cut down. Last summer I was using 4-5 times a week. Now its usually twice a week, still not great. Having a lot of help from rehab program. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I have been trying my best to cut down. Last summer I was using 4-5 times a week. Now its usually twice a week, still not great. Having a lot of help from rehab program. 

Well I am kinda having a similar thing but lighter I guess (if you mean heavier drugs). It's just that weed has replaced what cigarretes were for me. I am smoking almost daily and I am gradually increasing the amount. It's not affecting me really much as far as I am concerned but I still want to stop or at least manage to control it but I don't like the idea of seekin help.

Edited by FantasticBeasts

8 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Well I am kinda having a similar thing but much lighter I guess. It's just that weed has replaced what cigarretes were for me. I am smoking almost daily and I am gradually increasing the amount. It's not affecting me really much as far as I am concerned but I still want to stop or at least manage to control it but I don't like the idea of seekin help.

Yeah, I get you. It took a lot to happen before I even acknowledged it as a problem. I got fired for being under the influence at work, only then did I seek help. But it's well worth it. Even just talking to your doctor as a start. 

I'm one year sober next Tuesday and it's been a helluva journey. From '14-'17, there were countless blackouts and plenty of relapses but I kept gaining a little more knowledge and confidence every time. Eventually, you know you can do it. It's hard work but incredibly rewarding.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Congrats Rich! A worthy anniversary.

Thank you, good sir! Feels like only yesterday I spilled my guts in the real world forum right before everything fell apart. God, that seems like a lifetime ago. I always appreciated how much support I received in that thread. 

• Like 2

Just now, RichWS said:

Thank you, good sir! Feels like only yesterday I spilled my guts in the real world forum right before everything fell apart. God, that seems like a lifetime ago. I always appreciated how much support I received in that thread. 

We all get into a ton of arguments about best movies and franchises and whatnot but it always warms my heart how much the BOT community supports each other.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I'm one year sober next Tuesday and it's been a helluva journey. From '14-'17, there were countless blackouts and plenty of relapses but I kept gaining a little more knowledge and confidence every time. Eventually, you know you can do it. It's hard work but incredibly rewarding.

That's great. Celebratory drinks!

(seriously though that's great. Well done and keep it up :) )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1