Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Emmy nominees:  https://www.emmys.com/sites/default/files/Downloads/71st-nominations-list-v1.pdf?2019=

The Comedy nominees are shockingly inspired this year (I'm in the middle of binging Russian Doll at the moment and really liking it). Most happy for Christina Applegate making it for her career-best work in Dead to Me. Drama categories, not so much. A lot of the Game of Thrones love is even more unjustified than expected but...whatever.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Emmy nominees:  https://www.emmys.com/sites/default/files/Downloads/71st-nominations-list-v1.pdf?2019=

The Comedy nominees are shockingly inspired this year (I'm in the middle of binging Russian Doll at the moment and really liking it). Most happy for Christina Applegate making it for her career-best work in Dead to Me. Drama categories, not so much. A lot of the Game of Thrones love is even more unjustified than expected but...whatever.

BILLY PORTER BEST ACTOR. Everything else looks solid. 

couple thoughts:

- I really need to watch Fosse/Vernon

- I really really really need  Sara Bareilles and Josh Groban to win for “This Song’s For You” because it’s about how they have never won anything. 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

BILLY PORTER BEST ACTOR. Everything else looks solid. 

couple thoughts:

- I really need to watch Fosse/Vernon

- I really really really need  Sara Bareilles and Josh Groban to win for “This Song’s For You” because it’s about how they have never won anything. 😂😂😂

Fosse/Verdon is very good. With all the love it got I'm pretty sure it's taking home something or two (Michelle Williams is likely winning her category, and she deserves it tbh).

Richard Madden must feel like he just had cold water thrown in his face getting snubbed in Actor while Bodyguard was nominated for Drama lol. And between her surprise loss for The Normal Heart a few years ago and now her snub for Homecoming, it seems safe to say that the Emmys aren't fans of Julia Roberts. :lol:

• Haha 1

wow barry got so many nominations. three supporting actor nods. at least succession, the best show in the drama category, got nominated, but nothing for any of the actors is weird especially since game of thrones got TEN acting nominations this year. lmaooooo.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

wow barry got so many nominations. three supporting actor nods. at least succession, the best show in the drama category, got nominated, but nothing for any of the actors is weird especially since game of thrones got TEN acting nominations this year. lmaooooo.

Game of Thrones and to a lesser extent This Is Us (which picked up 7 acting noms) were just too big and too much to overcome. Thank the lord the former is finally gone after this year to free things up a bit.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Game of Thrones and to a lesser extent This Is Us (which picked up 7 acting noms) were just too big and too much to overcome. Thank the lord the former is finally gone after this year to free things up a bit.

We can only hope they all cancel each other other. 

Just now, Plain Old Tele said:

It was! :angry: 

(Part 2 drops Aug 5, btw.) :ph34r: 

blame MJH!!

not really blaming her, just picked a name and,  it's the person on the show no one seems to like 😛

Edited by 75Live

13 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Feels like a series coronation for GOT. Justified, I suppose, even though the last season was pretty dodgy.

pretty shit is the more accurate description. 

I just feel the creators of the show rushed the final season just because they wanted to make other films, and to me that is just inexcusable if you take your fans on a journey over 8+ years. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Haha 1

I'd almost say it's too bad HBO didn't premiere Big Little Lies before the deadline after the switch from Limited to Drama was made to take advantage of the GOT backlash but after the recent Andrea Arnold drama that's come to light that was probably for the best. As it is I'm not expecting it to get much more than a handful of nominations considering it'll be almost a year since it ended the next time the deadline comes around, the buzz/reception isn't nearly as high as it was for the first season, and other and newer shows will have completely overshadowed it by then.

• Like 1