Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

9 hours ago, filmlover said:

Image result for yes no gif

The sad part is, that studios wouldn't finance his movies anymore. And this might be the last Big Budget movie we might ever see from him.

I guess Emmerich had a good bunch of years, where he was able to do what he liked and where he was lucky enough to hit a chord with audiences. 

Audiences grew up, but Emmerich is still stuck where he was and wasn't able to evolve as a director. 

Edit:
I have to correct myself. For whatever reason, "Moonfall" might actually happen, as it sold rights in may. Let's see if production really starts next year, after Midway bombs hard.
So yeah, we might see one last big budget movie handled by him.

Edited by Poseidon

1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

The sad part is, that studios wouldn't finance his movies anymore. And this might be the last Big Budget movie we might ever see from him.

I guess Emmerich had a good bunch of years, where he was able to do what he liked and where he was lucky enough to hit a chord with audiences. 

Audiences grew up, but Emmerich is still stuck where he was and wasn't able to evolve as a director. 

Edit:
I have to correct myself. For whatever reason, "Moonfall" might actually happen, as it sold rights in may. Let's see if production really starts next year, after Midway bombs hard.
So yeah, we might see one last big budget movie handled by him.

He could always retreat to streaming like Michael Bay. The kind of completely empty spectacle movie that these guys made their careers in back in the 90s really has no place at a multiplex these days.

Midway is being basically dumped with little fanfare. At least all the talented people in it likely got nice paychecks out of it.