Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

On 11/1/2019 at 11:40 PM, Plain Old Tele said:

@Morieris From John Gruber, noted Apple enthusiast/tech writer: 

The other cool thing about Apple TV+ is that you can watch it using the tv.apple.com domain from any device with a supported browser.

Oh great! Now I don't have to go look for my Macbook, thanks m8.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Jean Smart is gonna be an Emmy frontrunner next year. 

Spoiler

Hide contents

Also, they confirmed Nite Owl is still alive and is in jail. I wonder why he is in jail though.

Like how Watchmen had additional material at the end of each chapter, HBO is releasing additional material on something called a “peteypedia” - which are documents filed by the character Pete from the show - which explains why that happened

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I watched The King last night and I would fully support a campaign for Battinson in both Supporting Actor and Supporting Actress. @TMP

It's weird that they made a Shakespeare adaptation that has none of his writing, considering his prose is his strongest suit, but good for Pattman haha - I saw a clip and his accent sounds like Pepe Le Pew

1 minute ago, TMP said:

It's weird that they made a Shakespeare adaptation that has none of his writing, considering his prose is his strongest suit, but good for Pattman haha - I saw a clip and his accent sounds like Pepe Le Pew

Forget more MCU/DCEU movies, I want to see a crossover in which he in that movie and Mrs. McAvoy from Split/Glass interact.

Image result for split female personality

• Haha 1

Reviews are starting to trickle in for a majority of the Disney+ originals (Mandalorian and Noelle are the only biggies that didn't get screeners yet. Do with that what you will). Going off the reviews available and from Twitter, nothing is getting raves, but for the most part the new content is good enough, and better than Apple's. Lady and the Tramp is apparently the best live-action remake of the bunch this year. Who expected that? :lol: 

Honestly it seems like a good choice that they decided to not send Lady and the Tramp in theaters from the reviews so far. Dumbo did middling numbers earlier this year and that movie had a lot more going for it pre-release. Noelle being sent to streaming made even more sense from the trailer (Anna Kendrick needs a new agent).

I wonder if they'll ever put out that Adam DeVine movie Magic Camp. Was made in early 2017 for an early 2018 theatrical release but was later pulled from the schedule and announced as a Disney+ exclusive later but it seems like it won't even be landing when it launches. The most obvious reason for it being shelved would be Jeffrey Tambor but the movie must really not be worth it if they couldn't go back and reshoot his scenes with another respected actor (not that anyone should be surprised since this is an Adam DeVine vehicle we're talking about but still).