Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Wait isnt this what a financial analyst is paid to do ?

Hell, you could easily program any decent accounting software program to do that.

Totally puzzled as to why Warners is making a big deal out of what is pretty much something off the shelf business accounting software could do.

Slow day at the publicity deparment I guess.

5 hours ago, Eric Laurence said:

This is the worst thing I've ever seen in my life

That's just a DSS. Not sure why that would be the worst thing you have ever seen. It's basically how every company is run, use the DSS to forecast future demand and revenue.

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

That's just a DSS. Not sure why that would be the worst thing you have ever seen. It's basically how every company is run, use the DSS to forecast future demand and revenue.

Reading it over, it sounded like a machine was going to determine what gets greenlit, and...yeah, that's a little bit creepy and impersonal to me. Maybe that's not what it is intended for at all, but it sounded like that.

You're all overreacting. It's an incredibly basic automated analytics tool. Studios are just gonna replace this with market research and analytics tools that are becoming more and more outdated (and less efficient) today. It's not gonna make creative decisions for the studio. That's still gonna be done by humans. Nothing's gonna change for consumers here. 

I love how everyone freaks out when they hear "AI" lol. 

Edited by lorddemaxus

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

You're all overreacting. It's an incredibly basic automated analytics tool. Studios are just gonna replace this with market research and analytics tools that are becoming more and more outdated (and less efficient) today. It's not gonna make creative decisions for the studio. That's still gonna be done by humans. Nothing's gonna change for consumers here. 

I love how everyone freaks out when they hear "AI" lol. 

I guess you're right. I'd still feel better about people doing the market research and analyzing though.